Ft. Smallwood action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Smallwood action

Does anyone know how the action is at Ft. Smallwood?? Looking to get out this Saturday morning and torn between Smallwood and JG.
    2017 Hobie PA14

Bad idea, wind is going to be whippin. That's why I'm waiting till Sunday to go out.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I agree with John. Both sites will be exposed to the snotty winds forecast.

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
      Bad idea, wind is going to be whippin. That's why I'm waiting till Sunday to go out.
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

The water is also going to be extremely murky, probably for a few days. Just another reason to wait as long as you can. If you really want to go out Saturday, I would pick launches that put you out actually into the mainstem of the bay like Beverly Triton. Again that'll expose you more to wind but the more open waters might be a tad clearer. You got that larger rudder and turbo fins for a reason though…show that wind who's boss! Jk but seriously be safe if you do go out. You've taken the hobie out a couple of times since you got it, I hope?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't do Sunday and looking at the weather it's only a little better then Saturday. Looks like next weekend.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Winds are only 3 mph Sunday versus 15 tomorrow. I've fished Smallwood in 15 mph winds before, but it was tough and at times a little dangerous. Like Pat said, just be prepared. Good luck whatever you decide. I'll be at Smallwood Fri-Sun next weekend too, so likely see you out there. If you want to save $6 you can launch from my house, pm me...
            2015 Hobie Outback
            2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I launch for FREE, all active, retired Vets get in free and launch for free. Thanks though. I'm not going out this weekend. So I'll see everyone next weekend.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Working...
              X