Tog 4-05-17 (CBBT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tog 4-05-17 (CBBT)

The forecast was calling for some of the best weather we've had in awhile here in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, so I knew I wanted to go out (fishing or not) to enjoy it before work and before the big storm today. I decided to try for tog again on the outgoing tide and figured I wouldn't venture too far out, since I had to be at work in the afternoon. The water was 56 degrees at the start of the trip and the air temperature climbed from 60 to about 71 degrees with little to no wind, so it was toasty out there in waders and a top.

I started getting some nibbles, which felt like tog, but I wasn't able to set the hook on them, so I made note of those pilings, and kept moving on to new pilings. Eventually I found a spot, where I hooked two, and landed one. The one I landed was about 14". They started biting more (or I found a better spot) as it was getting close to time to head out.

Here's a link to the short video I made.
    J

Dreamy conditions out there for this time of year! Way to take advantage and get out.

I need to scratch my tog itch here real soon!
    Brian

Comment

Of course, fishing is always the best when its time to leave!
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Dang! You had a nice day. I wish there were more tog bites.
        Thanks for the report.

Joe
        Fish like there's no tomorrow.
        Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
        X