Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stuck at 33...

I agree, Ryan. As soon as I saw them at Bay Country Crabbing Supply and Tackle, I knew I wanted to try them out. I am glad I did!

I am also trying to find a local source for Hogy Swimming Tins. They are along the same line and the videos I've seen show that they add great action to soft plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady View Post
    Very nice, that's an interesting looking bait.
    Bruce

Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Brue you are a Machine Man! What an effort. You deserved those great catches. I love your detailed reports and pictures!! Keep them coming

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Quote Originally Posted by EMSer View Post
    I've been learning a lot about the philosophy of "big bait, big fish" and this was the prefect rig to try and apply those principles in the 7' water.
    There certainly is nothing wrong with 4" paddletails, as they will catch bigger fish, but I agree with this; If you want to target bigger bass, bigger baits are the way to go sometimes. You just have to trade off quantity for quality most of the time however.

Great report and I'm glad to see the effort paid off for you. Paddling into whitecaps and wind is no easy chore - I know.

I agree, Ryan. As soon as I saw them at Bay Country Crabbing Supply and Tackle, I knew I wanted to try them out. I am glad I did!

I am also trying to find a local source for Hogy Swimming Tins. They are along the same line and the videos I've seen show that they add great action to soft plastics.
    I like that. A couple of the local shops over our way carry some 10" Hogys, but I don't think they sell the standard Hogy heads, not the tins? I'll have to look again next time I stop in. I think your tin idea is good. Looks like it would glide if it hits bottom instead of digging along. I might have to look into a couple of those. Thanks for sharing!

Bruce, congrats on your successful trip. I enjoyed ever part of your detailed report. You are a beast!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to even think about paddling. I have only been pier fishing here and there. With warm weather comes a ton of business for me, which is a good thing. I will be back out, once work slows. If I can give half the report you gave, I'll be a happy man! 🍻🍻

Quote Originally Posted by supfisher01 View Post
    Bruce, congrats on your successful trip. I enjoyed ever part of your detailed report. You are a beast!

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to even think about paddling. I have only been pier fishing here and there. With warm weather comes a ton of business for me, which is a good thing. I will be back out, once work slows. If I can give half the report you gave, I'll be a happy man! 🍻🍻
    Steve, I know I speak for everyone here that we are looking forward to your renewed reports. Living vicariously through your write ups helped us all get through some sloowww months. Gotta pay those bills though! Looking forward to seeing you on the water again
    Bruce

Steve, I know I speak for everyone here that we are looking forward to your renewed reports. Living vicariously through your write ups helped us all get through some sloowww months. Gotta pay those bills though! Looking forward to seeing you on the water again
    Haha! I'm happy to report when I can and hope to, soon. I'm thankful that you and the other Snaggedline members are catching so I can vicariously live through you guys!

Looking forward to seeing you out there too! ...hopefully sooner than later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yes, you are in beast Mode!!
    Harlan

Revo 13
    Trident 13
    Cuda 14
    Necky Tandem

Bruce, I just gotta tell ya, while showing some of my buddies your successful day, I find myself re-reading your entire report like its the first time. I can't get enough of it! Haha! Awesome, just awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by supfisher01 View Post
    Bruce, I just gotta tell ya, while showing some of my buddies your successful day, I find myself re-reading your entire report like its the first time. I can't get enough of it! Haha! Awesome, just awesome!
    Thanks Steve. Knowing I put a smile on your face puts a smile on mine!
    Bruce

As far as I knew, I was the only one that had a Kodiak Jig! I'd never seen anyone else use them. You should fit it with a Striper Sniper Snake Worm. Those things are worth a million bucks in the water. Dip the tip of the tail in a little contrasting dye and check out the action!

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Perry Hall, MD
    Alan