Poured some lead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poured some lead

Finally modified my bullet jig mold to fit bigger hooks. So far I think I'm gonna like these for shallow trolling. 1/4 ounce head with a 3/0 hook.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dsmdave; 04-06-2017, 09:09 PM.

Love those- great job- I think the bigger, stronger hooks are the way to go- 1/4 oz are my most used jighead- I use a double rig a lot for trolling- for casting I drop back to a single head- use red and white heads exclusively-
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks a lot Ronaultmtd. I was just playing with a few colors. I too use the white and red and also chartreuse. Yes 1/4oz 3/8oz and 1/2oz are my go to sizes. Hopefully I'll have some soon 3/8 and 1/2 with a 3/0 or 4/0 hook. Just have to get some more down time.

Comment

They look very nice.

How did you paint them?

The colors appear to have a metallic tinge from the photo. I like that.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Those are some good looking jig heads. Love the colors.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Powder paint dipping was the method. The color is white pearl flake, candy pink, and candy blue. I'll post some more colors when I have time. Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

Thanks. I also use powder paints. They do a very nice job.

You inspired me to pour and paint today.

I'll post up shortly.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Awesome mark. Yes the powder paint when cured is some great stuff. I look forward to seeing yours.

Comment

In the past I have powder coated them, spray painted, dipped them in vinyl jig paint. Now what I do for painting them is to dip into white paint first then after drying I use a brush to paint them what ever color I want. After they dry again I mix up some 5 minute clear epoxy and coat the jig. That make them indestructible, It doesn't seam to mater what paint I use under the epoxy. Both vinyl jig paint or the cheap paint from the craft store seam to hold up fine when coated with the epoxy. When working with the epoxy work in small batches you will only get to cover/paint the epoxy on about 8-10 heads before it hardens to the point that it's not useable .
                  Red Hobie outback
                  Yellow Hobie outback

Jeff

Comment

Oh yea those are nice! what mold is that? The mold I have requires the hook have a 90 degree bend at the eye. I haven't noticed issues with hook-ups, but I just have more confidence with the 45. Probably snags less, too!
                    -Jon
                    Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                    X