Loch Raven 4/3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loch Raven 4/3

Worked the banks Sunday hoping the crappie had moved into some of their spawning grounds. Its getting close but not quite there yet. Landed a handful of bass and pickerel, 3 crappies, 4 bluegills and missed/lost a few more. Bass/gills/picks were moving right up into less than a foot of water soaking in the sun in the cove I fished while the crappies were hanging on the deeper end of the timber. No luck on minnows. All bites came on 2inch curly tailed grubs and micro jigs tipped with waxworms. Just a few more degrees and it will be on Lots of other fishermen around and I saw a few bass and pickerel caught on jerk baits and spinnerbaits.
    Last edited by chimo; 04-03-2017, 11:32 AM.

good eating right there
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

i can smell the fish-fry from here, well done
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Would love to know where you launch up there. I need a freezer full of specks.
        Gregory
        ​Ain't Misbehavin'
        2014 Pro Angler 12
        '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
          Would love to know where you launch up there. I need a freezer full of specks.
          Renting one of the boats at the fishing center is the easiest way to get on the water with the restrictions to the launch permits but I was just fishing from the bank. Park at Dulaney Valley Rd and Chapelwood Ln and be prepared to do some walking

Comment

Working...
          X