Jonas green today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas green today

So today yakscientist and I came up with a game plan to cover the Severn river. I launched out of Jonas at 7:15 and trolled the southern shore all the way up to about 2 miles north of the 50 bridge (headwind the whole way!). Pat was hitting some of the creeks north of my location. My goal was to meet up with him and fish the creeks but with the headwind this morning I think we both called it a day and started to head back around 10am. On the way back I trolled the northern shore with no luck, same story on the southern shore. Unfortunately my sounder wasn't working today. I trolled two 4" paddle tails, one on a 1/2oz jig and the other on a 3/4. I saw a few kayakers hit the water on my way in, so my question is how did y'all do? Great day out, can't complain it is always a great place to paddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

I had similar results farther up river. I put in at Smith Marina and headed upstream to the narrows. I worked many submerged points and prime structure, but failed to get even a bite.
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Yep I too remained fishless, I think the heavy rains recently had something to do with it. But at least it was a gorgeous day.

Comment

I fished a similar route to Bruce between 12:00 and 3:15. I hit locations that seemed fishy but got only one 20" fish. I did not see a lot of baitballs either.

It was a beautiful afternoon with flat conditions the entire time.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

slow day for my friends and i as well. i managed one 22''. a friend of mine got a double header and landed a fat and healthy 29''
          Michael
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
          Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

John- being retired gives me the luxury of not having to fish on the weekends and fighting the crowds...I plan on a mid-week Slower Lower with my buddy Yak 67 to test the arrival of some bigger fish- last week's were nice sized football mid- 20's just no 30 inch fish...last year I got my first 33 inch fish after April 10th...and all were caught on the Ugly Duckling...the Lady Luck is a much improved boat to fish out of...the Hummingbird 798 ci DI SI makes a difference over the Lowrance Elite 5 DSI Gold unit I use on the Duckling...
            Last edited by ronaultmtd; 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM.
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X