Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kayak Fishing Books and we have authors on this site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Fishing Books and we have authors on this site.

I have been reading some books about kayak fishing and to my pleasant surprise, we have many authors on this site. I unknowingly purchased a book on Amazon called "Light Tack Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay" by Alan Battista. When I opened it up, I saw the forum logo. Does the author post here?

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Tackle-...k+fishing+book
    51DUq8V3prL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm also enjoying, J. Veil's book also. Great information and years of experience that money can't buy. Mr. Veil is saving me money in the long run!

https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Comfo...k+fishing+veil
    51dRQRSHDWL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Are there any other authors here?
    2015 Hobie Revolution 11

J A Veil is here often and both books are absolutely wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing: Tips and tales from an old guy in his plastic boat Paperback

Another book whose author is on this site.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. Alan Battista posts here under the board name Yak Fish. He does not post as often now as he did in the past.

The book mentioned above "The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing: Tips and tales from an old guy in his plastic boat" is written by Mark Bange, who posts here under the board name Mark.

As authors of fishing books, we are not getting rich on our royalties. We wrote the books because we enjoy fishing, especially kayak fishing, and like to share our experience and knowledge with others who are getting into the sport. Part of my impetus to write the book was that I replied to many Snaggedline posts, and eventually decided I would compile that information into a more organized format. Plus it is really cool to walk into a tackle shop or kayak store and see your book sitting on the shelf.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
          The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing: Tips and tales from an old guy in his plastic boat Paperback

Another book whose author is on this site.
          I did not know that. I will have to preview.

https://www.amazon.com/Simple-Joys-K...+kayak+fishing
          51KkMwmzrNL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
          2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Hey Seasalt, yeah, I'm still here :-)
            Like John said, I'm not as frequent a poster as I used to be. I have a Fishing Page on FB where I do most of my reports, updates, etc...
            With a little one in my life, time is not as plentiful as it used to be.

You'll see a second book coming out soon too, hopefully by the end of the year.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

I'm the old guy...

I post here routinely although it seems forever since I've had an actual successful trip report to share.

Mine is not precisely a "how to" book. However, I give some tips on fly casting from a kayak and using a pedal boat for more than trolling. It's great for working structure and I think that fact is often overlooked by tidal water anglers here.

I also offer some opinions on the current trend of kayak manufacturers to produce more expensive, heavier do-all boats when I believe there may be a significant market for less expensive, lighter, simpler boats.

What I tried to convey is how much fun this hobby is. And what I really wanted to do was to publicly thank those who introduced me to this wonderful pastime and still let me join them on trips, obviously with no personal regard for their own reputations.

So if you want an easy read about kayak angling and some nice color photos of the local areas I fish, plus a few humorous anecdotes of my experiences on the water, you might enjoy my book.
              Last edited by Mark; 03-30-2017, 11:01 PM.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Yak Fish View Post
                Hey Seasalt, yeah, I'm still here :-)
                Like John said, I'm not as frequent a poster as I used to be. I have a Fishing Page on FB where I do most of my reports, updates, etc...
                With a little one in my life, time is not as plentiful as it used to be.

You'll see a second book coming out soon too, hopefully by the end of the year.
                Cool... I just finished your book and John's. Thanks for the material! Good info there. Can't wait to get out there and try some tactics in your books. I know all about the little ones...
                2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Mark I might need you to help set up my fly rod when you have some time. I said I was going to give it a try this year from the kayak so I better get to it.
                  Gregory
                  ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                  2014 Pro Angler 12
                  '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
                    Mark I might need you to help set up my fly rod when you have some time. I said I was going to give it a try this year from the kayak so I better get to it.
                    I'd be very glad to help.
                    Mark
                    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I have read all three, and have picked up valuable information form each. I am also very fortunate to fish regularly with John and Mark for the past three years in a variety of areas in kayaks learning something every time. Looking forward to vol. 2 in the future?
                      John Rentch
                      Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                      Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
                      X