Good bite in Tampa Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin,

Similar to Ron's experience, our guide, Neil Taylor supplies all the equipment from kayaks, to rods to lures.

http://www.strikethreekayakfishing.c...s/default.aspx

Nothing to transport except yourself and Southwest makes that easy with numerous low cost flights from BWI to Tampa.

However, I do take my PFD and apparel for sun.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Martin,

Similar to Ron's experience, our guide, Neil Taylor supplies all the equipment from kayaks, to rods to lures.

http://www.strikethreekayakfishing.c...s/default.aspx

Nothing to transport except yourself and Southwest makes that easy with numerous low cost flights from BWI to Tampa.

However, I do take my PFD and apparel for sun.
      I have fished with several kayak guides. Some of them, like Neil Taylor, provide high quality equipment (Native Ultimate kayaks, Werner paddles, St Croix Avid rods, Daiwa Ballistic or Saltist reels, plus proven tackle). I used to bring my St Croix travel rod with me, but soon realized that Neil's gear was as good as mine. I second Mark's idea of bringing your own PFD for comfort, proper fit, and pockets. I also bring my own pliers and Fishgrips. You would need to get a Florida fishing license (for nonresidents you can get 3 day, 7 day, or annual.)

Several years ago, one guide in a different part of Florida put me in a cheap no-frills kayak and ordinary quality tackle while he rode around in a better kayak with an electric motor. Another guide put me in a good kayak, but gave me a crappy rod and reel. It pays to ask about the types of equipment in advance.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I took my 2 kayaks down in the bed of my truck.

Comment

Working...
        X