Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Saving Private Jayman" Tautog (CBBT) Puppy (Rudee), Mar 25, 2017

My 2016 Outback has a bunch of factory fitted foam blocks inside the hull especially around the seat, and sides...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

From the video, looks like the following items can be handy.

1. Rope
    2. Something to remove water - container, pump, etc.

Holy schmokes! Seeing a guy sit on the bow of the Outback was insane! Glad it worked out guys. What an adventure.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback
    Perry Hall, MD
    Alan

What I learned:
    Inspect the kayaks (mine and buddy's) thoroughly for cracks and cables.
    Bring a charged Marin VHF Radio, a rope/twine, Hobie Mirage Drive repair kit and tools
    keep all kinds of temporary kayak repair materials (Duct seal, Duct tape, electrical tape, wire, wire cutter, pliers, rudder cable) in the vehicle so that I can fish again
    I always check for the water in the hull very often. and I have buckets under the center hatch.

I always carry rod top repair kit with gas lighter in the tackle bag - not a safety item but is important.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.

Nice going on the rescue. Awesome that it all worked out fine.
    I joke around with a buddy of mine at work about "un-manly" things that guys do. For example: It is unmanly for two dudes to ride a motorcycle or jetski with one dude sitting on the back and the other dude on the front operating the motorcycle.
    I got a chuckle wondering if it is "un-manly" for 2 dudes to ride on a Hobie.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMarino View Post
    Nice going on the rescue. Awesome that it all worked out fine.
    I joke around with a buddy of mine at work about "un-manly" things that guys do. For example: It is unmanly for two dudes to ride a motorcycle or jetski with one dude sitting on the back and the other dude on the front operating the motorcycle.
    I got a chuckle wondering if it is "un-manly" for 2 dudes to ride on a Hobie.
    We too joked about being "un-manly" briefly. I comforted myself by thinking that as long as two men carry fishing rods while sitting on a kayak, they are not un-manly.
    On the way back near the beach, when I saw two women wearing bathing suits on kayaks, I purposely took video of them to put them into the fishing log video. On the video you can clearly see that I (who took the video of women) was staring at the women. I am proud of that for the record.

Joe
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 03-28-2017 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    We too joked about being "un-manly" briefly. I comforted myself by thinking that as long as two men carry fishing rods while sitting on a kayak, they are not un-manly.
    On the way back near the beach, when I saw two women wearing bathing suits on kayaks, I purposely took video of them to put them into the fishing log video. On the video you can clearly see that I (who took the video of women) was staring at the women. I am proud of that for the record.

Joe
    LOL... Always good to document in writing or video! In a safety/survival event, there isn't a thing as "un-manly"...

Good story with a great ending. Wouldn't mind getting into those togs for the first time myself!
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Quote Originally Posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
    Good story with a great ending. Wouldn't mind getting into those togs for the first time myself!
    Soon, withing a few weeks, Snagged Liners will fish CHSP (Cape Henlopen State Park, DE) for Tog. I've been trying to go there but the water temp has been low. The water temp got back to 46 F today. Togs will bite at the inner wall now. But the bites will be scarce. You may join Snagged-liners who live in MD and PA.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by summersoff View Post
    Glad it worked out. Don't know if you do, but I stuff my yak with as many pool float tubes as I can fit. Cost about $10 total for a good piece of mind.
    +1 on the pool noodles got a leak at blackwater this weekend 2 miles from the launch. Kayak was completely full but I was still stable because of noodles.
    D Hawk
    Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
    Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement