Hummingbird 698 si?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummingbird 698 si?

Is it worth keeping? Ok, I saw the post yesterday about the awesome sale on the Hummingbird 698ci si combo. Sold out online when I looked but went to my local gander and had two in stock so I scored one for roughly $150 after rebates. My question is before unboxing is it worth it? Looking to put this on my Cuda 12. Will a scupper mount show SI or do I need an arm mount? Also this would primarily be used for shallow river and local lakes. Does anyone have experience with smaller fish showing up? Like Crappie or smaller bass or baitfish. If not a good choice I'll take back. I just wanted to snatch one before sold out. Thanks
    Last edited by 1idrod; 03-23-2017, 12:36 AM.
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
    2016 Jackson Cuda 12
    2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

I have the 798 and 698 .5 years and still going strong.Both shows all fish sizes.Also have the chip in both.My personal preference is hummingbird.
    2012 hobie outback
    2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

1i, glad you got in on that deal. Looks too good to pass-up if you need a FF on a budget!

Tight Lines!
      Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Still haven't unboxed it. Still researching about clarity and not sure about screen size (eyes ain't what they used to be). I see conflicting reviews on picking up fish etc... plus I'm not sure how beneficial this would be on the Shenandoah river as that's where this yak will spend the majority of it's time. On anything deeper I would use my Outback and the Cuda would be a loaner for a buddy. I already have a Dragonfly7 on the Outback although it doesn't have side scan but it's never really bothered me before.
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
        2016 Jackson Cuda 12
        2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Comment

The unit is very good but the transducer must be below the bottom of the yak otherwise the side imaging won't work. I tried it on my newer Hobie Outback with the built in transducer well and the side imagine did not work. Now, if you decide to sell it because of that which I do not think you should but if you do I would be willing to purchase it. Good luck.
          http://docirvcustombaits.com/baitbox/
          484-459-9863
          If you are not satisfied with the color or texture of your custom made Doc Irv baits just let me know and I will redo it at no cost to you to your satisfaction, because I am not happy unless you are happy.*
          *But if you are one of those people who is never satisfied then I retain the right to be unhappy.

Comment

BerleyPro makes a couple models of side imaging transducer cover mounts made to fit the Hummingbirds on Hobies. One of those might work. http://www.berleypro.com/product-category/hobie/

Comment

Just installed my lowrance totalscan berleypro cover, well worth the cost for peace-of-mind, xducer itself to replace is $299, and I'm hard on my gear
              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I went ahead and got one also. My Lowrance is basically toast and was never really happy with it anyway. The 698 looks impressive compared to my elite4dsi. Oldbayrunner...Thanks for the posting the berleypro info. Had no idea such a thing existed and have one on the way now.

Comment

Working...
                X