Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Weekend, Mar 24-26, Planning

CHSP is out for Togging:
    The water temp still is 42-43 F near the Walls and the ocean. I don't think it will be 46 F next 3 days.

CBBT is good for togging:
    The water temp has been 46 F at the bridge, in the bay and the ocean.

Rudee is hopeful for specks. More keeper size puppy will be there than a week ago:
    The water temp has been 46 F at the inlet, and the ocean (NC shore) has been 47 F.

Weather permitting, I am heading for CBBT. Rudee is the backup. I will have both Tog and Puppy/Speck tackles. Rudee is always do-able windy or rainy.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
    CHSP is out for Togging:
    The water temp still is 42-43 F near the Walls and the ocean. I don't think it will be 46 F next 3 days.

CBBT is good for togging:
    The water temp has been 46 F at the bridge, in the bay and the ocean.

Rudee is hopeful for specks. More keeper size puppy will be there than a week ago:
    The water temp has been 46 F at the inlet, and the ocean (NC shore) has been 47 F.

Weather permitting, I am heading for CBBT. Rudee is the backup. I will have both Tog and Puppy/Speck tackles. Rudee is always do-able windy or rainy.

Joe
    I may see you out there Joe. I'm thinking definitely Rudee and maybe CBBT, depending on the wind.

Have you fished Lynnhaven much? I've thought about going out there, but I'm not familiar with the fishing spots like I am at Rudee and I know the tide can rip there.
    J

Comment

Originally posted by Jman View Post
      I may see you out there Joe. I'm thinking definitely Rudee and maybe CBBT, depending on the wind.

Have you fished Lynnhaven much? I've thought about going out there, but I'm not familiar with the fishing spots like I am at Rudee and I know the tide can rip there.
      I did fish Lynnhaven. But not now, and probably not this year. It's more difficult to fish in Lynnheaven (stronger current and stronger wind, and also low tide). you need to watch for low tide if you are on a Hobie.
      Puppy and Speck hits Rudee weeks before Lynhaven.

I will explain Lynnheaven fishing When I meet you in Rudee. As of now I am fishing on Sat.

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Jman,
        As of now, CBBT is my first target.

CBBT:
        Arrive at 6:30 AM
        Launch by 7:15 AM
        Fish in the middle (1.5 miles off the shore) 7:50 AM - 9:00 AM - If I catch 1-2 keepers here, I am heading for Rudee. (incoming tide)
        Fish near the 1st Island (3.3 miles off the shore. 4 + mile pedaling with the current) 9:30 AM - 12:00PM (incoming tide/outgoing tide)

Rudee:
        Launch at 3 PM
        There will be many kayaks and boats. For that, I don't think I can troll and cast. It will be all casting.

If you are fishing with me at CBBT, the plan can change based on how many togs you want. We may be done togging by 10:30 AM in the middle between the shore and the 1st Island.

BTW, Do you have tog tackles? You need only one rod (with reel) for togging. I will have a spare rod and reel and other stuff such as bait/hooks. etc
        Do you have a Hobie? I think you bought a Hobie recently.

Joe
        Last edited by ComeOnFish; 03-23-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Great thanks Joe! No need to alter your plan for me. I'd be happy just to get a bite from a tog and learn from you.

I think I just need some heavier sinkers, but I'll have to check and see if there is any other tackle I might need.
          I do have a Hobie, so I shouldn't have any problems getting out there.

I used to fish mostly the bay and the Severn river, but I moved down here in early fall. There's a lot of new fish and places to learn about.
          J

Comment

I thought we exchanged through PM about Hobie and Rudee fishing.

Weather permitting, let's catch some togs. You don't have to bring tog tackles. I will have everything. Each of us will have one rod. It's very good idea to start with with a person who knows the water and fishing method (especially tog fishing) in a new water.

The tog bites are very, very subtle when the water is below 47 F. The time line was set based on the current and location of the structures. I will be following the time line planned.

I am bringing a wader just in case depending the wind speed. Tomorrow noon, we will know the wind direction and speed for CBBT togging.

Bring a net.
            Bring a cart if you have. Don't buy a new cart for this trip

Launch:
            Buoy 44 Seafood Grill
            4536 Ocean View Ave, Virginia Beach, VA 23455

Joe
            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 03-23-2017, 02:45 PM.

Comment

I don't have anything in my inbox from you. I sent you a pm awhile ago about sailing the Hobie Adventure.

I've got the equipment you listed, so I should be set.
              J

Comment

SW 10 MPH - SW is good for Launching, Beaching and working on the bridge columns. 10 MPH isn't bad for this time of the year

Joe

Comment

I will be bringing 3 DZs of shrimp. it will last for whole day foe 2 people.

Thanks
                  joe

Comment

Sounds great- thanks Joe! I have about a half pound of shrimp I'll bring with. I have one rod and reel set up for tog too.

I'll see you there at 6:30 tomorrow.

Jake
                    J

Comment

Working...
                    X