No announcement yet.

Thursday - Jonas Green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

karma for what, technically he did nothing wrong.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Man. Some people on here act like it's he end of the world. The dude caught a huge striped bass, measured it, took a picture, and released it. I would've done the same f'ing thing, as most people on here. If fact, I'd be willing to bet damn near most would do the same. From shore, pier, boat, kayak. Doesn't matter. It's a huge fish, and a fish of a lifetime for most striped bass anglers.

Comment

They are giving $250 fine for removing the striped bass from the body of water during catch & release season. Other threads on this forum discuss in significant detail.
        Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
          Here's a little something that might get you all excited... http://dnrweb.dnr.state.md.us/fisher...report/log.asp
          They took it down already.
          Brian

Comment

screen captures attached for reference.

John, sorry this thread got de-railed. I am wholly looking forward to a great report from todays travels.
            Attached Files
            Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I wish I could give a wonderful catching report today, but the fish were not there or were not biting. Usually when I see a FF screen like this I anticipate getting bites soon after. The screen looked like that about one-third of the time today.

001.jpg

I made my way from Jonas Green park all the way to the river mouth trolling 4 lines. I trolled through depths from 5' to 30' hoping to find some hungry fish. I did not have a bite. Neither John Rentch nor Mark had a bite either.

My Severn winter frustration continues. I will try again next week.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                I wish I could give a wonderful catching report today, but the fish were not there or were not biting. Usually when I see a FF screen like this I anticipate getting bites soon after. The screen looked like that about one-third of the time today.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21089[/ATTACH]

I made my way from Jonas Green park all the way to the river mouth trolling 4 lines. I trolled through depths from 5' to 30' hoping to find some hungry fish. I did not have a bite. Neither John Rentch nor Mark had a bite either.

My Severn winter frustration continues. I will try again next week.
                Well that's a shame. I may try to fish the severn, or ft smallwood, on Saturday afternoon. John, and whoever else, are welcome to join me. Should be incredible conditions regardless of the fishing.

Comment

The Severn scenery is always nice...nicer when fish are present but a trip on the river is never a waste of time.

P1020527.jpg C.jpg P1020530.jpg P1020531.jpg

We'll find them next time.
                  Attached Files
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Launched to a flat water and bright sun on a cold mid morning. Soon after we headed down the river a southerly wind and strong flood tide made for a struggle. Had to work to hit 2.5 mph downstream, but a comfortable 3.2 mph back upstream. Just wish the fish were there and active. As Mark said, maybe next time.
                    John Rentch
                    Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                    Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Working...
                    X