Last minute fishing. Flats 3-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last minute fishing. Flats 3-20

Heading out in the AM(3-20-17) and launching from Tydings. Text if you want to tag along. 4108120277. Going to troll for a awhile
    Winds seems decent.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
    Heading out in the AM(3-20-17) and launching from Tydings. Text if you want to tag along. 4108120277. Going to troll for a awhile
    Winds seems decent.
    Good luck! Hope to hear a good report.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Good luck today!

Comment

Hope you found some fish! I'm considering going out for a couple of hours Tuesday or Thursday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Mike

Comment

Well, how'd it go? Hopefully it was productive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
            Well, how'd it go? Hopefully it was productive.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
            Fished the flats yesterday (3/21) Water was very high when I went out and no real current. Trolled for a couple hours and never had a bite. Water temp is still in the low 40's. I have had a little luck earlier this spring so far but it was during the tide change and lower water. Still no big ones, they should be moving in soon I hope
            Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Originally posted by mi327 View Post
              Fished the flats yesterday (3/21) Water was very high when I went out and no real current. Trolled for a couple hours and never had a bite. Water temp is still in the low 40's. I have had a little luck earlier this spring so far but it was during the tide change and lower water. Still no big ones, they should be moving in soon I hope
              Yeah I imagine they were steaming up north with the spring like conditions we had, then were stalled by the cold snap/snow. Hopefully this will culminate in a more normal timetable for their Bay residency. Warmer than usual conditions often result in a predator/prey timing mismatch, so they might've migrated into the Bay too early and missed out on much of their preferred food sources, though I can't speak on specifics as I don't know the timing of their prey species (menhaden, etc.)

Comment

I heard the cold water killed the bite up there. Hopefully they will be biting again soon. I am hoping to hit the flats next week.

Comment

Working...
                X