No announcement yet.

Best stringer on the market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But still, what purpose does the float serve other than a stopper? No need to keep the fish near the surface in my opinion and I can't imagine any size fish getting past either size.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

The fish fight down. Instead of fighting the kayak down, it fights the float. Ive had catfish turtle my yak before on a regular stringer
      Native Watercraft Pro Staff
      2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
      33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
      2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

That's the answer I was looking for, I was just curious more than anything. For me I think I made the right decision with the smaller float, but I'm not sure I should have opted for the curved hook. Seems really convenient to just hook that somewhere on the boat than to figure out some way to keep the straight one secured.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

You could always add a small crab float on the line to butt up next to the smaller float. This would give you more buoyancy and the small float would still work as a stop.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

I also bought the smaller, straight hook. I wish I bought the curve one so I can just hang it off the kayak.

I think he can custom make the smaller stringer with the curve hook. I will probably contact him about that.
            2015 Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

i got the 12 so that if i ever damaged the wire, i could cut a section off. he does offer a 8 foot version of the hooker.
              Native Watercraft Pro Staff
              2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
              33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
              2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Comment

Working...
              X