Thread: Best stringer on the market.

Here is how it is rigged20170320_085441.jpg
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

Quote Originally Posted by mchottie View Post
    what's the material? reason for asking is i've had a snakehead on a full metal wire stringer, and manage to jump the latch in the fully closed position. as they have teeth, do you think they could cut through this stringer material???
    Not sure on the diameter, but its stainless steel covered in some plastic. Its tough. 920 lb workload. I assure you, a snakehead will not bite through this.

Ive been doing something that is much cheaper. Although not quite as easy to remove fish (more so toothy fish) it is easy enough. Also, ive never like the idea of dangling a stringer off the yak cause it creates lots of drag and if fishing near rogs sometimes it gets wedged in rocks. Additionally when a fish goes crazy i dont like having anything my line can get wrapped up in. I just take a 5' length of paracord or better yet a small diamenter tube. On one end puncture 1 hole big enough to get a zip tie in. If its a rope i just zip tie an end bend the cord over and rap some string around the end to hold the zip tie. On the other end i attach a carabiner.

The carabiner hooks on to a location just behind my seat and the end with the zip tie i simply tie to my handle. This keeps the stringer in line eith my yak and makes it a little easier whrn moving. If for any reason i need to dangle the fish or carry my catch to my car i simply slide the zip tie end through the carabiner and im ready to go.

The zip tie is there for the purpose of finding your way through the gill fast and easy. Left over rope and zip toe wont cost tou more than a dollar. With tog bluefish etc this stringer has laster me 2 years and counting.

I can see the benefits and ease of the stringer discussed here but id rather spend 30 dollars on other things i cant diy. Haha.

I can attach pics if folks would like.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by dson05 View Post
    Ive been doing something that is much cheaper. Although not quite as easy to remove fish (more so toothy fish) it is easy enough. Also, ive never like the idea of dangling a stringer off the yak cause it creates lots of drag and if fishing near rogs sometimes it gets wedged in rocks. Additionally when a fish goes crazy i dont like having anything my line can get wrapped up in. I just take a 5' length of paracord or better yet a small diamenter tube. On one end puncture 1 hole big enough to get a zip tie in. If its a rope i just zip tie an end bend the cord over and rap some string around the end to hold the zip tie. On the other end i attach a carabiner.

The carabiner hooks on to a location just behind my seat and the end with the zip tie i simply tie to my handle. This keeps the stringer in line eith my yak and makes it a little easier whrn moving. If for any reason i need to dangle the fish or carry my catch to my car i simply slide the zip tie end through the carabiner and im ready to go.

The zip tie is there for the purpose of finding your way through the gill fast and easy. Left over rope and zip toe wont cost tou more than a dollar. With tog bluefish etc this stringer has laster me 2 years and counting.

I can see the benefits and ease of the stringer discussed here but id rather spend 30 dollars on other things i cant diy. Haha.

I can attach pics if folks would like.
    Whatever works! We kayakers always find a way. Ive tried the paracord, did not like it. Fish wrap itself around it, then i had to cut the line to get the fish free.

If anyone is interested in purchasing one, i need to know by the end of the wednesday. If you come to the seminar, ill sell them at the wholesale price.

What is the symbol burned into the float? It looks like a pair of tighty-whities with smell vapors coming out of them, haha Looks like a nice product though.

Quote Originally Posted by D3NAL1 View Post
    Not sure on the diameter, but its stainless steel covered in some plastic. Its tough. 920 lb workload. I assure you, a snakehead will not bite through this.
    Plus, its illegal to to possess a live snakehead, even on a stringer where it's destine for the cutting board.

Quote Originally Posted by Slobber Bob View Post
    What is the symbol burned into the float? It looks like a pair of tighty-whities with smell vapors coming out of them, haha Looks like a nice product though.

Plus, its illegal to to possess a live snakehead, even on a stringer where it's destine for the cutting board.
    Thats exactly what it is. The brand is stinky pants fishing

Ahhhh, I see. Must of read right over that part in the original post. Well, I'm happy to report then that the logo is identifiable if you didn't know what the company name was!

My concern is the size of the float. If I had a 30" striper, could the float slip through the gills, letting the fish off?
    Pompano 120
    Garmin Striker 4dv

Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    My concern is the size of the float. If I had a 30" striper, could the float slip through the gills, letting the fish off?
    I highly doubt it, but thats something I havent thought about. You can also use the hook to puncture a hole through the mouth.