Best stringer on the market.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best stringer on the market.

Ive never been a fan of a stringer, but lately ive been in need of one. I just hated the fact that these stringers found at local stores would either rust out, or get damaged from the usual sling. Then its a mess trying to get the fish on and off the stringer itself. Sure, at $5 a stringer its not a big deal. But ive bought a stringer or 2, even 3 in a year. Until a friend of mine from back home told me about a game changer. I was lured in by my friend. At first, i thought, at $30 this better catch fish itself! But proceeded to buy the product.

I messaged Jason, owner at stinky pants fishing, about my fishing habits and got recommended the hooker stringer. This stringer has a j hook which makes stringing your fish a breeze. Once the fish is on the line, he wont be able to come out. Once strung up, the hook can be hung on your seat bar, handle, or anywhere it is convenient to you. The wire is all stainless steel. At the end of the day, to remove the fish, just remove the float and all the fish will simply slide out.

I spoke to Jason about having his product at the seminar on the 31st and was glad to be onboard.

My question to you fellow anglers is, who is interested? If i order them for the seminar, i could do a better price than his retail. He has several different colors available, i chose green to match the kayak. Here are some pictures.

20170302_134853.jpg
    20170303_112234.jpg
    20170303_112240.jpg
    20170303_155523.jpg20170304_160206.jpg
    Native Watercraft Pro Staff
    2016 Native Watercraft Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick

2016 CCA MD "BLUE CAT" Tournament 2nd place
    33rd MSSA "THE CHAMPIONSHIP" Tournament 1st place
    2016 Curley's White Perch Tournament 1st place

20170307_160624.jpg20170318_163455.jpg

Comment

What seminar? I might take one in blue.
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
        What seminar? I might take one in blue.
        I made another thread. The pac paddlesports one

Comment

Oh yeah, that's a haul for me. I'll just order one online. I spotted these last year and just haven't pulled the trigger. I found a couple others that are basically identical, guys that wade use these a lot down south.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

How does the float attach?

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Did you get the 8' or 12'? Website recommends 8' for a kayak.
              2015 Hobie Outback
              2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                How does the float attach?
                Through the float, then he has a no-slip notch where the wire feeds through. Ill get a picture tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                  Did you get the 8' or 12'? Website recommends 8' for a kayak.
                  I got the12, only because ive been bank fishing too. Id recommend the 12, and if you want shorter, just cut it

Comment

what's the material? reason for asking is i've had a snakehead on a full metal wire stringer, and manage to jump the latch in the fully closed position. as they have teeth, do you think they could cut through this stringer material???
                    Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Here is how it is rigged20170320_085441.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                        what's the material? reason for asking is i've had a snakehead on a full metal wire stringer, and manage to jump the latch in the fully closed position. as they have teeth, do you think they could cut through this stringer material???
                        Not sure on the diameter, but its stainless steel covered in some plastic. Its tough. 920 lb workload. I assure you, a snakehead will not bite through this.

Comment

Ive been doing something that is much cheaper. Although not quite as easy to remove fish (more so toothy fish) it is easy enough. Also, ive never like the idea of dangling a stringer off the yak cause it creates lots of drag and if fishing near rogs sometimes it gets wedged in rocks. Additionally when a fish goes crazy i dont like having anything my line can get wrapped up in. I just take a 5' length of paracord or better yet a small diamenter tube. On one end puncture 1 hole big enough to get a zip tie in. If its a rope i just zip tie an end bend the cord over and rap some string around the end to hold the zip tie. On the other end i attach a carabiner.

The carabiner hooks on to a location just behind my seat and the end with the zip tie i simply tie to my handle. This keeps the stringer in line eith my yak and makes it a little easier whrn moving. If for any reason i need to dangle the fish or carry my catch to my car i simply slide the zip tie end through the carabiner and im ready to go.

The zip tie is there for the purpose of finding your way through the gill fast and easy. Left over rope and zip toe wont cost tou more than a dollar. With tog bluefish etc this stringer has laster me 2 years and counting.

I can see the benefits and ease of the stringer discussed here but id rather spend 30 dollars on other things i cant diy. Haha.

I can attach pics if folks would like.
                          The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by dson05 View Post
                            Ive been doing something that is much cheaper. Although not quite as easy to remove fish (more so toothy fish) it is easy enough. Also, ive never like the idea of dangling a stringer off the yak cause it creates lots of drag and if fishing near rogs sometimes it gets wedged in rocks. Additionally when a fish goes crazy i dont like having anything my line can get wrapped up in. I just take a 5' length of paracord or better yet a small diamenter tube. On one end puncture 1 hole big enough to get a zip tie in. If its a rope i just zip tie an end bend the cord over and rap some string around the end to hold the zip tie. On the other end i attach a carabiner.

The carabiner hooks on to a location just behind my seat and the end with the zip tie i simply tie to my handle. This keeps the stringer in line eith my yak and makes it a little easier whrn moving. If for any reason i need to dangle the fish or carry my catch to my car i simply slide the zip tie end through the carabiner and im ready to go.

The zip tie is there for the purpose of finding your way through the gill fast and easy. Left over rope and zip toe wont cost tou more than a dollar. With tog bluefish etc this stringer has laster me 2 years and counting.

I can see the benefits and ease of the stringer discussed here but id rather spend 30 dollars on other things i cant diy. Haha.

I can attach pics if folks would like.
                            Whatever works! We kayakers always find a way. Ive tried the paracord, did not like it. Fish wrap itself around it, then i had to cut the line to get the fish free.

Comment

If anyone is interested in purchasing one, i need to know by the end of the wednesday. If you come to the seminar, ill sell them at the wholesale price.

Comment

Working...
                              X