Native Titan 13.5 Propel in production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Titan 13.5 Propel in production

For many years, the Hobie Pro Anglers have had the large-boat, pedal-power market to themselves. In the very near future, Native will introduce another entry into this market that offers many innovations. The Titan 13.5 Propel is now in full production and will soon ship to dealers.

Native's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nativewater...89609194980730 has a bunch of photos and a video of the new Titan 13.5 Propel that show some of the cool features, like mounting space for 1 or 2 PowerPoles, a drop-in electric motor drive, a huge lift out bin under the front hatch, a raised seat with a storage box beneath it, and rail mounting for a Landing Gear wheel set.

titan.jpg

While this kayak is too large and heavy for the way I fish, many in the bass fishing world are eagerly awaiting this boat.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

What will the price be?
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Comment

Originally posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
      What will the price be?
      3,249.99 at Delaware paddlesports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Desert Camo- Moken 14
      Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Def not my ideal boat either, really seems like it blurs the line between kayak and plastic jon boat. But I do like seeing new niche boats coming out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 17ft bass boat, 2015 Z-6 Nitro, that is great for skinny water. For me it is so easy to become invested in a kayak type or brand that even if it makes sense to switch the loyalty factor makes it a difficult and emotional decision. I owned two kayaks before I finally took the plunge on the Hobie PA12. It was not an easy decision and certainly not a cheap one. Accessories and mods over time have cost as much as the original kayak. I can't see myself ever owning a different brand because I am so completely satisfied with Hobie. Perhaps if some new material is discovered that is strong as steel and light as plastic and they start making kayaks out of it I'll buy again, but even then probably only a Hobie brand.
          Gregory
          ​Ain't Misbehavin'
          2014 Pro Angler 12
          '

Comment

Here is a new video of the Titan in use on a southern lake. It is designed for serious bass fisherman and looks impressive.

https://www.facebook.com/nativewater...5220654515967/
            John Veil
            Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
              For many years, the Hobie Pro Anglers have had the large-boat, pedal-power market to themselves. In the very near future, Native will introduce another entry into this market that offers many innovations. The Titan 13.5 Propel is now in full production and will soon ship to dealers.

Native's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/nativewater...89609194980730 has a bunch of photos and a video of the new Titan 13.5 Propel that show some of the cool features, like mounting space for 1 or 2 PowerPoles, a drop-in electric motor drive, a huge lift out bin under the front hatch, a raised seat with a storage box beneath it, and rail mounting for a Landing Gear wheel set.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21066[/ATTACH]

While this kayak is too large and heavy for the way I fish, many in the bass fishing world are eagerly awaiting this boat.
              I'm working on getting started in kayak fishing, so I would like to ask you what you mean by "too large and heavy for the way I fish"? I've thought a lot about the Pro Angler 14 vs the Revolution 16. I'm an experienced paddle kayaker, I'm in decent shape, healthy and all that, but I am 76 this year, so....
              ----------------------------------
              2018 Hobie Outback
              Bixpy Electric Power

Comment

I fish out of a PA 14. Lacking a pick up truck I use a trailer to haul mine around, I find it far to heavy and unwieldy to contemplate putting it on a rooftop. I’m fortunate, I live in St Mary’s and we’ve got lots of public ramps near quality water. If I lived in Anne Arundal I’d be screwed as far as access. Even in St Mary’s there are places I’d love to fish but getting my kayak to them just isn’t feasible. I’ve not looked at the Native, but at 13.5 feet your going to have similar issues if you don’t have a truck.

I’m 60 and built in what mothers call a portly body. I lift 3-4 days a week and need most of that strength to get the kayak out of the water and onto the trailer. Keep that in mind as you make your decisions.

Having said that, I love the space and stability of the PA, it’s a trade off I made over speed. You’re at least .5 knots slower than an Outback at the same pedal rate. If your plans call for a 10 mile day that can be a factor as well.

Best wishes as you make your decision.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

We could argue all day, but at some point a yak becomes too large to car-top. Both the PA and Titan are in this category (I think we can agree). I have a truck, and manage my PA14 but i'm of the younger generation, and while not the most athletic physique (ok, i'm fat) I manage pretty well for doing all the lifting myself.

I think once you understand the cartopping debate, you can judge for yourself if this boat is 'too much boat for you'
                  Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I have a pickup, but it's getting a little tired around the edges. I don't have the boat any more, so there went my excuse for keeping a decent tow vehicle. The Hullavator has a total weight capacity of 75 lbs and picks up only (!) 40 lbs of the 'yak's weight.

Still searching--and try-in-the-water days are coming!! TPLM2 Thomas Point showed the water temp today at 47.5 degrees.
                    ----------------------------------
                    2018 Hobie Outback
                    Bixpy Electric Power

Comment

The Pro Anglers and Titans are well-equipped wide and heavy kayaks. They work great on the water, but can be cumbersome on land. I personally don't want to deal with any kayak heavier than about 65 lbs. That rules out the larger and heavier boats.

If you are 76 years old, chances are you would soon tire of the weight of those kayaks. There are many lighter and very good kayaks on the market in many different brands. With spring here, many of the kayak shops will offer demo days where you can see many models and try some of them out on the water.
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis

Comment

Working...
                      X