Cabin FEVER...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabin FEVER...

Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain, Greentop...all make tons of money off a sickness called "Cabin Fever" that strike in an epidemic every year about this time...as the warming effects of Spring approach, as the days get longer; fishermen are affected by the lengthing day...remembrances of the big one bending your rod...the greatest day on the water flood back in the consciousness like a warm blanket on a cold night...impatience with the fickle weather that denies us our relief from getting time on the water prompt us to spend lots of cash at the tackle shops...lure boxes are visited with regularity, cleaning, refurbishing...new flies are tied in great expectation, reels are cleaned, lines replaced...these are the symptoms of the illness...cabin fever...
    Last edited by ronaultmtd; 03-17-2017, 08:01 AM.
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    Cabela's, Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain, Greentop...all make tons of money off a sickness called "Cabin Fever" that strike in an epidemic every year about this time...as the warming effects of Spring approach, as the days get longer; fishermen are affected by the lengthing day...remembrances of the big one bending your rod...the greatest day on the water flood back in the consciousness like a warm blanket on a cold night...impatience with the fickle weather that denies us our relief from getting time on the water prompt us to spend lots of cash at the tackle shops...lure boxes are visited with regularity, cleaning, refurbishing...new flies are tied in great expectation, reels are cleaned, lines replaced...these are the symptoms of the illness...cabin fever...
    LOL! So true! [emoji4]
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Haven't fished in weeks, looking to get back out on Sunday barring winds above 30mph or snow squalls. And I've certainly bought too much tackle in my downtime, though not the excessive amount that I bought when I first started kayak fishing. Now I actually know what works for me, so I end up just buying too much of those particular things.

Comment

I might need to take a day off work if this illness gets any worse.
        Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Was just about to post about cabin fever myself. I'm going to cure it today if anyone is interested. I'll be at the flats /mouth of Susquehanna at the heat of the day fishing til 5ish if anyone is interested.

Comment

You nailed it Ron!! Why didn't you post this a couple of days earlier? Scored a great used rod from John V and a new reel from Amazon......

HELP.........

Yak67
            2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
            2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

Hopefully this weekend/month are the start of a solid 8 or 9 months of good fishing. I've got a lot to look forward to at the end of this summer, as I will be fishing in lake Ontario one week and Hawaii for 2 weeks after that. Until then, I'm going to make the most of the Bay.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Comment

Several local shops have had significant clearance sales in preparation for the 2017 season, I just got back from North Carolina, had to 'check' a box on the flight - TSA will allow rod/reed as carry-on, but anything with hooks single or treble must be in your checked luggage. I think I spent $200 and picked up about $850 worth of gear. Most importantly, picked up a hat and shirt for the Mrs. so she won't be as mad. She still wants the limited edition "teal" yeti cooler, but can't justify the price.
                Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Working...
                X