Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Make-up meet and greet for March

Excellent. So be there and ready to launch by 7 right? Sounds good

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    Excellent. So be there and ready to launch by 7 right? Sounds good

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Correct

Ah, the old Herald Harbor Hideaway. I used to live a few blocks away from there, it is a great spot. In one of the ironies of life, I lived right by the water but all I wanted to do was live in the woods and shoot deer. Now I live in the woods and all I want to do is fish.

I would love to attend, depending on the temps. I have finally admitted to myself that if my hands are cold all day, I don't have any fun.
    Drew

Yellow Pompano 12
    Lime Slayer 10

Quote Originally Posted by bunnielab View Post
    Ah, the old Herald Harbor Hideaway. I used to live a few blocks away from there, it is a great spot. In one of the ironies of life, I lived right by the water but all I wanted to do was live in the woods and shoot deer. Now I live in the woods and all I want to do is fish.

I would love to attend, depending on the temps. I have finally admitted to myself that if my hands are cold all day, I don't have any fun.
    Very ironic haha! Sounds good. As of now, they're calling for it to be just above freezing in the early am but will ripen up to a nice upper 40's later on. Let's hope the 40% chance of morning rain stays away. I hope you get to revisit your old stomping grounds.

Also, if anyone would like to arrive and launch later than 7:00am, you're more than welcome. I will be leaving the gate open to all guests that reply to this thread.
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-11-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Steve - Thanks for offering to do this. I had a chance to fish in Steve's home waters for a short time this week and got one fish before mechanical difficulties sent me back to the launch early. I am tentatively interested but cannot get there on a Sunday morning until about 10:30. Do you know how long the group will remain on the water?

For those others who plan to attend, please read Steve's original post. He noted that he will rent the community beach for the morning. I have attended several picnics there held by residents who had to rent the facility. The rental fee is not a trivial amount. I hope that those who do take advantage of Steve's willingness to host will contribute a few bucks to help him cover the rental cost.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11 and Slayer Propel 10
    Member - Pro Staff team for Native Watercraft

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" - light tackle fishing techniques for kayaks and small boats

Steve,
    Thanks for jumping in with a replacement M&G. If the weather cooperates, think I might join you. Will let you know later in the week.
    John
    Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10, Native Ultimate 12

Thanks for the post, John. I would like to get a consensus but I think til 2:00pm would be a fair amount of time.

As far as the renting of the beach, I'm doing this under my own will and do not need, nor will I ask for, any kind of reimbursement. Let's just catch some fish!

Get a pair of neopream gloves. They really help me-same problem as you.
    John
    Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10, Native Ultimate 12

Quote Originally Posted by J. Rentch View Post
    Steve,
    Thanks for jumping in with a replacement M&G. If the weather cooperates, think I might join you. Will let you know later in the week.
    You're welcome, John and sounds good.

This is a very nice gesture by Steve and a great opportunity to reach an area of the river unavailable to most of us.

Unfortunately I cannot go due to another obligation but I am looking forward to the reports and photos.

Good luck to all.
    Mark

Olive Hobie Revo 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com