Make-up meet and greet for March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gshappell
    Unfortunately looks like im out as a family thing came up. Was looking forward to meeting you all, will try for the next time.
    No problem. Hope it's not a serious family thing.

Comment

**Launch time change**
      New launch time will be at 8:00am. I will arrive at 6:30am to open the gate.

I am happy to announce the trip is still on! The winds will be fishable for the area. Here is the latest forecast for the area:
      Today's warmth should help us out for tomorrow but after the recent cold snap, I'm not sure how active the fish will be.

If you're worried about the seas picking up in conjunction with the wind, don't be. The area is protected enough that normally the wind is the only thing I have to deal with. With that being said, if you're not comfortable with these wind speeds, please use YOUR best judgement on deciding whether to launch or not.

Comment

I am still planning on attending. I will target Rock fish. I have not fished the Severn before, are there any tips you can give for finding the fish there.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
          I am still planning on attending. I will target Rock fish. I have not fished the Severn before, are there any tips you can give for finding the fish there.
          Well they seem to be quite scattered this time of year, so trying different techniques will work to your advantage.

I would troll, following pier ends (25ft-100ft away from piers ends where the depth drops off averaging 15ft) and run your lures at different depths. Look for shoal ledges to troll along side of and hilly areas to troll over for fish stalking bait. Also, do not underestimate the occasional cross through the channel, run your lures deep, still at different depths. Lastly, jigging is always a good way of drawing the fish out of the depths. (for the ones that have sonar)

As for the tackle, any kind of jig head or bucktail jig, 1/2oz-1oz in weight, and any color will work (chartreuse and white have worked best for me). Hook any kind of 4"-6" paddletail, twistertail, stingertail, softplastic, etc., contrasting colors of jig head. It wouldn't hurt to keep a 1/2oz -3/4oz rat-l-trap, x-rap, or some kinda of rattling or chatter bait on board just incase you wanted to try something different (I have caught many stripers trolling hard plastic lures as well).
          Originally posted by mike o View Post
          Last edited by supfisher01; 03-18-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Just talked to( and met) EMSr at Armistead. He mentioned the M&G. I am in. Not sure about lunch. I'll be there at 6:30.
            John
            Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

Comment

Originally posted by tech11165 View Post
              Just talked to( and met) EMSr at Armistead. He mentioned the M&G. I am in. Not sure about lunch. I'll be there at 6:30.
              Nice! We'll see you tomorrow!

Comment

I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but are there directions to the launch?
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
                  I may have missed it earlier in the thread, but are there directions to the launch?
                  Here is the address:
                  802 Valentine View, Crownsville MD, 21032

If you need "turn by turn" directions, message me the area you'll be coming from and I'll send them to you via message.

Comment

Yakscientist texted me with a good question about regs for this part of the river so I'll answer to all that are planning to attend tomorrow as well.

Striped bass are C&R only and must use barbless hooks while trolling which you can crush quite easily with a pair of pliers

Chain pickerel fishing is closed from March 15 til April 30 but if you hook up to one while fishing for perch, there's nothing you can do about it but a quick pic and back in the drink.

You can keep as many white perch you can hook up to and up to 10 yellow perch 9" and above

Look forward to meeting all of you tomorrow!

Comment

Steve,

I HATE to do it but I have to miss tomorrow's fish fest. I just have to many things to do and not enough time. I wish you all the best. Be safe and tight lines!

Keith

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
                      Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Originally posted by Yakmac View Post
                        Steve,

I HATE to do it but I have to miss tomorrow's fish fest. I just have to many things to do and not enough time. I wish you all the best. Be safe and tight lines!

Keith

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
                        No worries! I'm sure I'll meet you out there in the future.

Comment

Sorry to have missed the fun today. Crappy night with a pinched nerve made the thought of fishing in the wind and rain sound less than fun.

Hope you all did well and had a blast!
                          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Steve, is lunch still on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            John Rentch
                            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Is lunch still a go? 2pm?
                              Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

Originally posted by J. Rentch View Post
                                Steve, is lunch still on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I'll get back to you guys shortly with a definite time but as of now, yes.
                                Originally posted by mchottie View Post
                                Is lunch still a go? 2pm?

Comment

Working...
                                X