Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Make-up meet and greet for March

Many thanks Steve for hosting a great outing - no fish for me but still a good day on the water and nice to meet everyone!

Thanks Steve. It was nice meeting everyone. This is the first time doing the lunch after the fishing. Definitely worth it. Had a lot of laughs.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)

It was very nice to meet some new faces and to see some old ones... pun intended... ogwltf (Never knew what that meant until today) haha!!

You're​ all very welcome and I'd love to fish with you guys again sometime. Although I wasn't able to hook up to any fish, I still had a great time and will definitely do it again sometime.

Mike, congrats again on the only fish of the day. She was a beaut!
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-19-2017 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supfisher01 View Post
    I was very nice to meet some new faces and to see some old ones... pun intended... ogwltf (Never knew what that meant until today) haha!!

You're​ all very welcome and I'd love to fish with you guys again sometime. Although I wasn't able to hook up to any fish, I still had a great time and will definitely do it again sometime.

Mike, congrats again on the only fish of the day. She was a beaut!
    Steve,

As a charter member of the OGWLTF I was really dismayed that I couldn't join you guys today due to another commitment I could not escape. However, I must admit that the weather this morning would have deterred me. It looked God-awful at 0700 but it did clear up nicely and I'm glad so many were able to get out.

I look forward to another gathering "up river" and will do my best to make it.

Congratulations to Mike for the monster of the day.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by harlanbud View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome pic, Harlan! Mike, you're a beast!

This was an amazing event. Sometimes you have to go take a look in spite of all the detractors that tell you to stay at home. Thanks Steve for a well sponsored event and a great fishing site. Like many of the others, I didn't get a single bite but I really enjoyed the scenery and the area. I look forward to a future event in the same area. Good to see all the Snagged Liners and their rigs. Tight Lines
    Gregory
    ​Ain't Misbehavin'
    2014 Pro Angler 12
    '

Quote Originally Posted by AintMisBehavin View Post
    This was an amazing event. Sometimes you have to go take a look in spite of all the detractors that tell you to stay at home. Thanks Steve for a well sponsored event and a great fishing site. Like many of the others, I didn't get a single bite but I really enjoyed the scenery and the area. I look forward to a future event in the same area. Good to see all the Snagged Liners and their rigs. Tight Lines
    You are very welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and I hope to fish with you more in the future. I will definitely let you, and everyone, know of any future group events I plan on hosting and with more notice.

PS: that's a monster of a kayak you have and with all the bells and whistles, you're better off than most gas powered boats out there.

Agreed with you 100%!
    John
    Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10, Native Ultimate 12

It really was a great place to paddle around. Despite not getting any fish, I had a blast testing the new kayak and paddling in and out of all the little creeks. Had a moment where I thought I lost my car keys and went back to the launch....sure enough my car was left unlocked I was so excited to get out there. I called it a day early after making it back to the car. Didn't want to battle the winds in the main river. Thanks again Steve and Pat. It was a great meet and greet.

Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Quote Originally Posted by FishMoken View Post
    It really was a great place to paddle around. Despite not getting any fish, I had a blast testing the new kayak and paddling in and out of all the little creeks. Had a moment where I thought I lost my car keys and went back to the launch....sure enough my car was left unlocked I was so excited to get out there. I called it a day early after making it back to the car. Didn't want to battle the winds in the main river. Thanks again Steve and Pat. It was a great meet and greet.

You're very welcome! It was good to meet you, Kyle, and glad you were able to make it out to test the new vessel. I've done the same thing with my keys multiple times before so I know the feeling and it sucks. I hope to fish with you again soon.