Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Make-up meet and greet for March

Quote Originally Posted by brianisoutside View Post
    Room for one more? I might make it out if it's not raining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes sir! Come on out!

I'll probably be there at launch, and come back for lunch. What time is lunch 1pm?
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by mchottie View Post
    I'll probably be there at launch, and come back for lunch. What time is lunch 1pm?
    I'm going to plan for around 2, to let everyone get as much fishing time in as they can but if everyone's done fishing before then, we may get there earlier. I'll message you if we decide on an earlier lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by supfisher01 View Post
    As of now, we have enough interest to proceed with plans. I have gone ahead and rented my community beach (802 Valentine View, Crownsville MD, 21032). I will be there to open the gate at 5:30am. For anyone that needs more time than this and want to arrive earlier, please let me know and I will try to accommodate accordingly.

Here is a list of attendees which I will continue to edit as more people show interest:

1-supfisher01
    2-yakscientist
    3-mi327 (may be called into work)
    4-bunnielab (pending temps)
    5-J.A.Veil (arriving around 10:30)
    6-J.Rentch
    7-EMSer
    8-Harlanbud
    9-Yakmac (no lunch)
    10-yak67
    11-gshappell
    12-Charlie
    13-mike o
    14-FishMoken (no lunch)
    15-mchottie (no launch)
    16-AintMisBehavin (arriving around 11:00)
    17-silasvirus82
    18-brianisoutside
    Unfortunately looks like im out as a family thing came up. Was looking forward to meeting you all, will try for the next time.
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

Quote Originally Posted by gshappell View Post
    Unfortunately looks like im out as a family thing came up. Was looking forward to meeting you all, will try for the next time.
    No problem. Hope it's not a serious family thing.

Important, yes but everyone is healthy so cant complain. Thanks.
    As a side note, went off the pier yesterday afternoon(Magothy - Hunters Harbor) during tide change to test my new 9' rod out and nothing! Tried topwater and bucktails. No picks, no rocks, even through an inline spinner for any little fish. Seems like they are further up the river right now. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and cant wait to hear how it goes.
    Lifetime Tamarack Angler
    Insta - jeepfisher_md
    fishbrain - jeepFisher

**Launch time change**
    New launch time will be at 8:00am. I will arrive at 6:30am to open the gate.

I am happy to announce the trip is still on! The winds will be fishable for the area. Here is the latest forecast for the area:
    Today's warmth should help us out for tomorrow but after the recent cold snap, I'm not sure how active the fish will be.

If you're worried about the seas picking up in conjunction with the wind, don't be. The area is protected enough that normally the wind is the only thing I have to deal with. With that being said, if you're not comfortable with these wind speeds, please use YOUR best judgement on deciding whether to launch or not.

I am still planning on attending. I will target Rock fish. I have not fished the Severn before, are there any tips you can give for finding the fish there.

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    I am still planning on attending. I will target Rock fish. I have not fished the Severn before, are there any tips you can give for finding the fish there.
    Well they seem to be quite scattered this time of year, so trying different techniques will work to your advantage.

I would troll, following pier ends (25ft-100ft away from piers ends where the depth drops off averaging 15ft) and run your lures at different depths. Look for shoal ledges to troll along side of and hilly areas to troll over for fish stalking bait. Also, do not underestimate the occasional cross through the channel, run your lures deep, still at different depths. Lastly, jigging is always a good way of drawing the fish out of the depths. (for the ones that have sonar)

As for the tackle, any kind of jig head or bucktail jig, 1/2oz-1oz in weight, and any color will work (chartreuse and white have worked best for me). Hook any kind of 4"-6" paddletail, twistertail, stingertail, softplastic, etc., contrasting colors of jig head. It wouldn't hurt to keep a 1/2oz -3/4oz rat-l-trap, x-rap, or some kinda of rattling or chatter bait on board just incase you wanted to try something different (I have caught many stripers trolling hard plastic lures as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-18-2017 at 01:54 PM.

Just talked to( and met) EMSr at Armistead. He mentioned the M&G. I am in. Not sure about lunch. I'll be there at 6:30.
    John
    Hobie Adventure Island 16'

Slayer Propel 10

Pelican Trailblazer ( don't hate , pond use only)