Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Make-up meet and greet for March

As of now, we have enough interest to proceed with plans. I have gone ahead and rented my community beach (802 Valentine View, Crownsville MD, 21032). I will be there to open the gate at 6:30am (edited from 5:30am). For anyone that needs more time than this and want to arrive earlier, please let me know and I will try to accommodate accordingly.

Here is a list of attendees which I will continue to edit as more people show interest:

1-supfisher01
    2-yakscientist
    3-mi327 (may be called into work)
    4-bunnielab (pending temps)
    5-J.A.Veil (arriving around 10:30)
    6-J.Rentch
    7-EMSer (no lunch)
    8-Harlanbud
    9-Charlie
    10-mike o
    11-FishMoken (no lunch)
    12-mchottie (no launch)
    13-AintMisBehavin (arriving around 11:00)
    14-silasvirus82
    15-brianisoutside
    16-tech11165
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-18-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mike o View Post
    I'm in for both.
    Great! Look forward to meeting you!
    Last edited by supfisher01; 03-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Likewise, hopefully the weather and fish will cooperate.

I'm in for fishing. Just a heads up if there are any bass anglers I will be bringing a big bag of soft plastics and random rods with me if anyone wants them FEEL FREE! I've been hearing a lot at home about how much fishing gear I own. Since moving from Montgomery county I don't get to bass fish that often. There really isn't anything high end. I will try and get some pics up tonight. See y'all Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

Quote Originally Posted by FishMoken View Post
    I'm in for fishing. Just a heads up if there are any bass anglers I will be bringing a big bag of soft plastics and random rods with me if anyone wants them FEEL FREE! I've been hearing a lot at home about how much fishing gear I own. Since moving from Montgomery county I don't get to bass fish that often. There really isn't anything high end. I will try and get some pics up tonight. See y'all Sunday.

Awesome!! That's very generous of you. I'm sure you will have no problem getting rid of your gear. Look forward to meeting ya!

You guys are killing me!

It's going to be a great outing.

I wish I could be there.
    Mark

Olive Hobie Revo 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by FishMoken View Post

That is a VERY generous offer. I will be interested, I like to take kids fishing, often for their first time and extra gear would be appreciated.

Keith

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Quote Originally Posted by gshappell View Post
    Hi all...in the area and may join you if the weather is ok. Pretty novice at kayaking and have never kayaked in cold weather. Also have never trolled, only casting. Lol like i said very novice. What kind of footwear do you wear ? Also any recommendations for gloves?
    If you are heading out on the water, BE SAFE and PREPARED for the cold weather i.e. dry suit or drywaders/drytop and insulated clothing.

I have neither, but like you, Crownsville is a short drive from my house, so I will be in attendance even if I do not launch. Its amazing what you learn seeing others kayak's rigged up with gear, to get ideas and/or insipiration, or to solve a problem you have on your own kayak.

Steve,

Thank you for putting this on, count me in.
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by mchottie View Post
    If you are heading out on the water, BE SAFE and PREPARED for the cold weather i.e. dry suit or drywaders/drytop and insulated clothing.

I have neither, but like you, Crownsville is a short drive from my house, so I will be in attendance even if I do not launch. Its amazing what you learn seeing others kayak's rigged up with gear, to get ideas and/or insipiration, or to solve a problem you have on your own kayak.

Steve,

Thank you for putting this on, count me in.
    Cool. I'll see you there buddy!

Thanks. Will need to get a dry suit for sure. Thanks for the recommendations. I will let you know for sure after the snow melts and we get a better idea of weather.
    Lifetime Sport Fisher