X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
    Expert trollers? Is steve bringing in professionals? I'm strictly b squad

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
    Absolutely...this is the Severn "A Team" gathering. You'll learn from the best.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
      Absolutely...this is the Severn "A Team" gathering. You'll learn from the best.
      Man, I hope this weather cooperates! I'd love to check out the different techniques and rigs that others are using to catch fish.

Comment

I'd like to join for both fishing and lunch. Thanks for putting this together!

Comment

According to Fish Weather the month of March maybe better known as the Anti-Kayak Fishing month...winds are suppose to be gusting to 20 mph or more for the next ten days...
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
            I'd like to join for both fishing and lunch. Thanks for putting this together!
            Great! Let's keep our fingers crossed for good weather.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              According to Fish Weather the month of March maybe better known as the Anti-Kayak Fishing month...winds are suppose to be gusting to 20 mph or more for the next ten days...
              Yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it. There have been a few days this month that they've predicted for crap weather but a day or two before it changed to good enough weather to fish. I'm banking on this scenario for Sunday. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by gshappell
                Hi all...in the area and may join you if the weather is ok. Pretty novice at kayaking and have never kayaked in cold weather. Also have never trolled, only casting. Lol like i said very novice. What kind of footwear do you wear ? Also any recommendations for gloves?
                Sounds good.

There will be plenty of people to talk with about how to troll and what to use but all you'll need is 1/2oz-1oz jigheads or bucktail jigs with your choice of soft plastic 4"-5" to hook on (paddle tail, twister tail, stinger tail, etc.) I personally use 1 chartreuse and 1 white bucktail jig, 1oz in weight, with a 5" white z-man paddletail and 6" chartreuse bass assasin paddletail hooked on them. I like to use the same weight on both rods so I know I'm working different depths as long as I let one line out further than the other.

I can't speak too much on the foot wear, (I'm just assuming you'll be wearing a drysuit) due to not wearing a drysuit like most of the people here. But if it helps, I wear a cold water wetsuit suit with "Muck" or "Bogs" style boots which keep my feet nice and comfortable down to any temps I've ever worn them in.

As for the hand wear, I use wetsuit style neoprene gloves. I've found that a 3mm glove is sufficient enough (for me) for air temps down to 20°. I've tried thicker gloves but the thicker the glove, the more it will spread your fingers apart. A 5mm glove was very uncomfortable and borderline hurt my hands at my knuckles from the thick material spreading my fingers apart so much.

Hope this helps and I'm sure you'll get some more great info from other members here.

Comment

Also in regards to wind, there's a fair amount of protection all around the launch. Steve and I have encountered many a windy day while paddling to and from Little Round Bay, which is a few miles downriver. I don't think wind will be a huge issue, even if you paddle into the mainstem of the severn, you just can just troll into the wind for a mile or so, and then let the wind take you back towards the launch. I guess it'll also depend on Steve's recent trips out there, but either way, I think this is a worthwhile trip that will be much more sheltered than the Marshall Hall event. I will be in for fishing and lunch, if I didn't already make that clear.

Comment

I'm in for both.

Comment

As of now, we have enough interest to proceed with plans. I have gone ahead and rented my community beach (802 Valentine View, Crownsville MD, 21032). I will be there to open the gate at 6:30am (edited from 5:30am). For anyone that needs more time than this and want to arrive earlier, please let me know and I will try to accommodate accordingly.

Here is a list of attendees which I will continue to edit as more people show interest:

1-supfisher01
                      2-yakscientist
                      3-mi327 (may be called into work)
                      4-bunnielab (pending temps)
                      5-J.A.Veil (arriving around 10:30)
                      6-J.Rentch
                      7-EMSer (no lunch)
                      8-Harlanbud
                      9-Charlie
                      10-mike o
                      11-FishMoken (no lunch)
                      12-mchottie (no launch)
                      13-AintMisBehavin (arriving around 11:00)
                      14-silasvirus82
                      15-brianisoutside
                      16-tech11165
                      Last edited by supfisher01; 03-18-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mike o View Post
                        I'm in for both.
                        Great! Look forward to meeting you!
                        Last edited by supfisher01; 03-13-2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Likewise, hopefully the weather and fish will cooperate.

Comment

I'm in for fishing. Just a heads up if there are any bass anglers I will be bringing a big bag of soft plastics and random rods with me if anyone wants them FEEL FREE! I've been hearing a lot at home about how much fishing gear I own. Since moving from Montgomery county I don't get to bass fish that often. There really isn't anything high end. I will try and get some pics up tonight. See y'all Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Desert Camo- Moken 14
                            Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by FishMoken View Post
                              I'm in for fishing. Just a heads up if there are any bass anglers I will be bringing a big bag of soft plastics and random rods with me if anyone wants them FEEL FREE! I've been hearing a lot at home about how much fishing gear I own. Since moving from Montgomery county I don't get to bass fish that often. There really isn't anything high end. I will try and get some pics up tonight. See y'all Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Awesome!! That's very generous of you. I'm sure you will have no problem getting rid of your gear. Look forward to meeting ya!

Comment

You guys are killing me!

It's going to be a great outing.

I wish I could be there.
                                Mark
                                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X