CCA Annapolis Chapter banquet - April 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCA Annapolis Chapter banquet - April 20

The Annapolis Chapter of CCA (Coastal Conservation Association) will hold its annual banquet on April 20 at the Chesapeake Bay Foundation headquarters in Bay Ridge. The event is the primary fundraiser for the chapter and contributes to the budget for the statewide CCA as well. I am serving on the planning committee. The room where the banquet is held offers an unparalleled view from the CBF building out onto the bay and toward Thomas Pt lighthouse. The food is an excellent buffet of Italian food provided by a local caterer. A table will be set up with aquaculture-raised oysters available. Someone from the oyster farm will be shucking them as you watch. There will be abundant wine and beer (including one of my favorites – Devils Backbone Striped Bass Ale) as well as soft drinks.

During the first part of the evening there will be a series of items set up for silent auction. You can indicate your interest and bid on these items. The activity in the final two minutes before bidding closes can be quite intense. There may be another system for smaller items where you buy a book of tickets. You can drop as many tickets as you like into buckets for each of the prizes. A winning ticket is pulled for each.

The final event for the evening is a live auction in which larger prizes are auctioned off. I arranged for Native watercraft to donate a new kayak for this raffle. I am also donating a half-day trip to Eastern Bay on my Scout center console for light-tackle shallow-water casting for stripers.

This is a fun evening, but it does come at a cost. Tickets cost $75 each. For that price, you get the dinner, oysters, beverages, a pint-sized glass with the CCA logo on it, and a free year’s membership in CCA (a $30 value). A portion of the ticket is tax deductible. The round tables we will use hold 8 persons. I already have 6 or 7 of my fishing buddies signed up but would welcome other kayak anglers to this event. It would be great if the kayak fishing community in Anne Arundel County could fill two or more tables.

In previous years, tickets were sold online via the CCA Maryland website. The process is changed this year. Tickets will be sold by direct payment. As a planning committee member, I will have a block of tickets to sell. If you plan to attend, you can pay me by cash or check, and I will hand you or mail you your ticket. The room for the banquet holds no more than 120 persons. I think we will fill all the seats this year. Getting your ticket early will ensure a space for you.

To go a step beyond the basic ticket, CCA is seeking organizations or companies to sponsor a table. The cost for sponsoring a table is $700 ($100 more than 8 individual tickets). The sponsorship includes 8 banquet tickets, 8 CCA memberships, your Logo and contact information placement in banquet program, 8 CCA Maryland Pint Glasses, table signage during the banquet, and social media recognition in all event marketing materials. For any of you who do work for companies, this may be an opportunity to get some marketing exposure. If anyone wants to sponsor a table, please let me know. Finally, if any of you who plan to attend have items or services that they would like donate for the silent or live auctions, please let me know soon.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

I want to bring this back to the top. The CCA Annapolis banquet is less than 3 weeks away (April 20). At this point we have six kayak anglers signed up and would like to get at least two more to fill up an 8-seat table. Anyone who is interested can contact me about ticket information. I have attended for the past few years and always have a good time.
    John Veil
    Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

The CCA Annapolis banquet is coming up next Thurs, April 20. The event is nearly sold out. As of last Thurs, there were only 8 seats left. We already have one table of 6 kayak anglers -- it would be great to get 2 more to fill the full table.

If anyone is interested in supporting CCA and wants to attend a fun banquet with great food and beverages, contact me to get a ticket. The $75 ticket includes all the food and drink you want, a year's membership in CCA, and a $20 tax deduction.
      John Veil
      Annapolis

Comment

Working...
      X