Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surf fishing for sharks

Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    Cobia you say? Might have to PM you for some info about this, that's a species that's on my bucket list, and certainly at the top of my brother's list.

This was actually a bycatch while we were sharking. A Snaggedline surf fishing trip in OBX would be sweet if we could get it organized

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

That is a huge cobia! Yeah that'd def be fun, I've been going down there my whole life. My parents inherited a house in Avon from their parents, and I try to go down at least a couple times a year.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sega View Post
    A Snaggedline surf fishing trip in OBX would be sweet if we could get it organized
    Quote Originally Posted by yakscientist View Post
    Yeah that'd def be fun, I've been going down there my whole life. My parents inherited a house in Avon...
    Count me in if this gets organized. I just got back from Raleigh for a work trip, and headed down to Charlotte in 2 weeks, GF is Maid-Of-Honor in a wedding so i'm already picking up my licenses for inland and salt. More than willing to split costs or fees if anyone is willing to let friends into their family property. GF will probably come along as well, so 'all the girls' can shop while we fish

LMK
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by mchottie View Post
    Count me in if this gets organized. I just got back from Raleigh for a work trip, and headed down to Charlotte in 2 weeks, GF is Maid-Of-Honor in a wedding so i'm already picking up my licenses for inland and salt. More than willing to split costs or fees if anyone is willing to let friends into their family property. GF will probably come along as well, so 'all the girls' can shop while we fish

LMK
    A trip down there would be really cool. Vacation time is going to be really hard to come by for me later this year though, I'm already taking like 3 weeks off between August and September. But maybe either a late fall trip or a spring trip next year would be really cool. We could do like a week, and split our time between kayak, surf, and deep sea fishing. I know a couple guys from work that have always wanted to do a tuna/mahi trip, so we could get like 2 houses, and just fish ourselves silly. Any suggestions on the time of year that might be best for kayak fishing, or deep sea fishing, from those with experience? I really can't comment on anything besides surf fishing, and my favorite time for that is late October and November. Though I have fished with a kayak charter before, and she would def be a great resource.