Best people on the best forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best people on the best forum

Just wanted to thank the good people on this forum. I have seen some ugly forums and for the most part this forum produces little to no drama and the people have been very, very helpful to me when I was new at kayak fishing. I saw an item for sale in the Tackle Shop forum and inquired about it. The person responded and asked if I would like to meet up to try the item on. We were located rather far from each other and I declined. He suggested he send me the item and if I liked it I could send a check. He sent me the item, I tried it on, it fit great and I dropped a check in the mail. Not many people would do that for a stranger. Kayak fisherman have been the best people I have ever dealt with. Tight lines.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

I agree wholeheartedly. This is just about the nicest damn bunch you will ever run into. It's very rare and very special the amount of goodwill that bounces around here.
    Last edited by DonV; 03-10-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

x3 on the best forum. I am a member of a rather large group of people that claim to be fisherman and outdoorsman and not an hour goes by that they do not bash one another for keeping fish or holding a fish the wrong way. lord help anyone who asks for tips of what bait to use or even a GENERAL location to where fish may be biting. I come to this group and ask a general question and get responses that in detail show me where when and what to do to catch fish. I absolutely love it, thank you to all the members here willing to help!
      2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
      LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Yeah, a huge thank you to the generous anglers here. I asked a question about rod n reel set up and am thrilled with the replies. Life is too short for bashing. I can't thank those generous knowledgable anglers who offered up great n valuable information here on snagged line
        Respect is refreshing n appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It really is a great resource that I'm happy to be a part of. I wish I would've found it in 2015 right after I had obtained my kayak, but I've been trying to make up for lost time. Also, tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of my very first official saltwater fishing in my kayak, the 2016 march meet and greet. In that year I've learned a vast amount of information, and although temporarily it might seem like an expensive (ish) hobby, it's pushed back my center console obsession for at least another 5-10 years, so in my mind, it's saving me money! Right?

Comment

Yes, this place is different in a great and positive way.
            It gets even better during the warm weather when people post lots of fishing trip reports.

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
              It really is a great resource that I'm happy to be a part of. I wish I would've found it in 2015 right after I had obtained my kayak, but I've been trying to make up for lost time. Also, tomorrow will be the 1 year anniversary of my very first official saltwater fishing in my kayak, the 2016 march meet and greet. In that year I've learned a vast amount of information, and although temporarily it might seem like an expensive (ish) hobby, it's pushed back my center console obsession for at least another 5-10 years, so in my mind, it's saving me money! Right?
              I explain it to my wife the same exact way. LOL

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
              Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Definitely the best!! As a stand up paddleboard fisherman, the Snaggedline community has adopted me as one of their own and, for that, I am extremely thankful!! Respect, knowledge, comradery, drama free, willingness to help in any way, and all of Snaggedline's other great qualities.... sadly can not be found anywhere else.

Comment

Just a little update on the vibe found here.

I had been a little too quick to judge, jumped to a conclusion and harsh with my words in a topic of discussion. Don't get me wrong I didn't feel it was a big deal or I was really rude or anything or had did wrong when I posted it. I then got a PM from the member I had responded to and it was one of the most thought out, sincere, decent and polite responses I had ever seen. It explained factually and concisely how my comments were just wrong and had way been way off base and just plain damn rude. I was absolutely ashamed of my behavior and responded with an apology.

This is not to point out that I'm a great guy or anything. In general I can be a real @hole and anywhere else I'd likely shrug it off and been on my merry way saying no big deal. The point is that it rubs off. The member could have well flipped me the bird and I would have responded in kind. It's a different feel here though. I was quite shocked at how ashamed I felt and even more shocked that someone I had offended would take the time and effort to to give a heartfelt explanation as to why my comments were hurtful versus just calling me out for the @hole I was in the situation. It was just really stunning, like a bat upside the head.

Strangely I ended up on the other end of the same type situation with another member. After my initial reaction of "who in the hell this guy think he is and how dare he" along with "he can kiss my you know what and I'm going to tell him so". Luckily the previous episode came to mind. Waited a day and after a cool, thoughtful and polite PM was sent explaining my feelings on the matter and comments, I received a cool thoughtful and heartfelt explanation along with a sincere apology.

Happy to say I got to fish with both members.

I just couldn't help jumping back in on this topic. It's good here, so good I find it baffling and strange. Everybody seems grown up, which I don't usually find with the general population. It really does stand out especially after a day out in other parts of the world or internet.

Comment

I consider myself a newb to kayak fishing and I've asked some pretty basic questions here. I've experienced nothing but help. I frequent other forums on different subjects and this is definitely different. Thanks to everyone on here for be good humans...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Working...
                    X