Thread: Conowingo reservoir

Default Conowingo reservoir

I was wondering if anyone knows of some spots to put in above the dam , I was out and about and found a Marina above the dam on the west side , they bang ya $10.00 to put in , was a really nice easy way to get out into main body of water . Would like to find spot on east side of reservoir . I've goggle mapped the area and found some access points I'll have to investigate on both upper and lower sides of dam . A guy at work showed Me pics of 6 walleye He caught last week on lower side , 2 were really nice . Thanks , Chris

Hi Chris, my go to in your situation usually is to use this site. https://paddling.com/launches/
    I have the app installed and it lists a lot of soft launches with reviews, fees etc.
    I've never been there in the conowingo but I'm sure somebody will respond to your question with local knowledge. If not there are quite a few launches that I saw listed to the reservoir, hope you have fun exploring new water.

Thanks, will check out that webpage

For the West side, Broad creek Landing off Hwy 623 is a really good place. East side, Conowingo creek landing is another good one. Both are fairly remote, have parking and excellent launching for yaks. If you have a trailer at Broad Creek you will need to launch then park back across the road, cartopped one can park next to the launch site. Broad creek you launch then paddle/peddle/motor to the right to get to the reservoir. Conowigo creek is right off the reservoir and you'll save yourself 10 bucks.
    Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 03-08-2017 at 07:40 AM.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yaks transom mount
    Minn Kota 45 Riptide
    Gama Electronics RF340-80A-SC wireless pwm controller
    Re-Lion 75Ah Lithium Iron Deep Cycle

Thanks for info , Tested out new kayak yesterday , put in at Glen Cove Marina and out onto the Conowingo Reservoir , never saw another soul . Didn't realize it was so windy, waves were a foot to a foot and a half , and couldn't believe how dirty the water was . Fished for a half hour and got out of Dodge . The Marina is small but really Nice , They do bang You for $10.00 bucks . Loaded up and drove down to the Palidum ramp ( didn't put in ) , not a soul there either . Water was even rougher and just as dirty looking !

Quote Originally Posted by emmelch1 View Post
    Thanks for info , Tested out new kayak yesterday , put in at Glen Cove Marina and out onto the Conowingo Reservoir , never saw another soul . Didn't realize it was so windy, waves were a foot to a foot and a half , and couldn't believe how dirty the water was . Fished for a half hour and got out of Dodge . The Marina is small but really Nice , They do bang You for $10.00 bucks . Loaded up and drove down to the Palidum ramp ( didn't put in ) , not a soul there either . Water was even rougher and just as dirty looking !
    Don't launch there go further up to Broad Creek Landing if it's too rough on the reservoir then you have a nice sheltered creek to fish on.
    Sun Camo Feel Free Lure 13.5
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti w/Totalscan
    B & C Power Yaks transom mount
    Minn Kota 45 Riptide
    Gama Electronics RF340-80A-SC wireless pwm controller
    Re-Lion 75Ah Lithium Iron Deep Cycle

Unless I plan to fish closer to the dam, I usually launch at Peach Bottom power plant. It's free and they have plenty of ramp space.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ D View Post
    Unless I plan to fish closer to the dam, I usually launch at Peach Bottom power plant. It's free and they have plenty of ramp space.
    if I'm a MD resident do i need to PA fishing license to launch from Peach Bottom?
    2015 ivory dune hobie outback
    2014 desert camo wilderness systems tarpon 140
    Here to learn
    Ryan Jackson

The river between holtwood dam and Conowingo Dam is reciprocal. You can use either a PA or MD freshwater license.

2015 Viking Profish Reload