Does DNR watch FB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does DNR watch FB

I follow Fishing Maryland on FB, where I watch people post pics about the Rockfish that they caught for the day. The problem is the rock are in a cooler or the tailgate of their truck or a cutting board. Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't stripers catch and release right now on the bay?? These people post about fishing the bay and the rock they catch. Sooo does DNR ever watch these sites?? Some people even post the LG Bass they catch. Those are catch and release also. Ok, I'm done venting.
    2017 Hobie PA14

Yes they do. A lot of those guy are trolls just waiting for the rise they get out of people.

Comment

Does DNR watch FB

The only problem I could see about Dnr cracking down on stuff like that is if the photo had a time stamp on it.
      Last edited by FishMoken; 03-02-2017, 06:12 AM.
      Desert Camo- Moken 14
      Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

I was wondering the same thing? Glad someone else had the same thoughts.
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

If you think DNR is not watching social media, you are kidding yourself.

Fishing MD via FB is a wonderful place for a good laugh, and shop-talk, but some folks ignore the rules and regs, and its only a matter of time...
          Hobie Ivory Dune ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Comment

I'm not sure how much DNR is watching, I bet they've got their hands full with all the large scale poaching events. I follow their page and they post recent arrests every now and then, which is satisfying to see, but at the same time, many repeat offenders. Clearly sentences are not strong enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
              I follow Fishing Maryland on FB, where I watch people post pics about the Rockfish that they caught for the day. The problem is the rock are in a cooler or the tailgate of their truck or a cutting board. Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't stripers catch and release right now on the bay?? These people post about fishing the bay and the rock they catch. Sooo does DNR ever watch these sites?? Some people even post the LG Bass they catch. Those are catch and release also. Ok, I'm done venting.
              Up until March 1st it was legal to keep largemouth. Season is now C&R until June 15. Like the DNR says, if we see something call it in.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                Up until March 1st it was legal to keep largemouth. Season is now C&R until June 15. Like the DNR says, if we see something call it in.
                If I'm reading the Maryland regs correctly, LMB are legal in tidal waters year round, but need to be 15 inches March 1 until June 15. See http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...ession-limits/. Please correct me if I am wrong.
                Bill

2018 Hobie Compass - Seagrass Green
                2015 Wilderness Ride 135 - Green Camo

Comment

I was citing non tidal.
                  Mike
                  Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I Agree that repeat offenders should get mandatory stiffer penalties including jail time...today there are repeat, repeat, repeat offenders getting ready to repeat offend some more...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

http://news.maryland.gov/dnr/2017/01...deer-poachers/
                      One if by land, two if by sea. Remember when DNR changed the Spring Catch and Release regulations (i.e. barbless, no more than 6 lines trolling, J hooks, etc.) or more recently the introduction of cobia guidelines for the Bay?
                      Tight lines
                      Hobie Ivory Dune Outback
                      Hobie Caribbean Blue Sport
                      Wilderness Red Tsunami 145
                      Wilderness Green "Warhorse" Tarpon 160

Comment

They watch. My college roommate is a DNR officer and he is an active observer of a few FB accounts belonging to questionable individuals that reside in his area. But like someone above mentioned, the MD Fishing FB page is basically a joke. A bunch of dudes who think posting the same type of picture (insert - fileted LMB, cooler full of small striped bass, or a released snakehead) just to get a rise out of people who do not understand that it is a joke.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                        X