Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does DNR watch FB

Default Does DNR watch FB

I follow Fishing Maryland on FB, where I watch people post pics about the Rockfish that they caught for the day. The problem is the rock are in a cooler or the tailgate of their truck or a cutting board. Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't stripers catch and release right now on the bay?? These people post about fishing the bay and the rock they catch. Sooo does DNR ever watch these sites?? Some people even post the LG Bass they catch. Those are catch and release also. Ok, I'm done venting.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

Yes they do. A lot of those guy are trolls just waiting for the rise they get out of people.

Default Does DNR watch FB

The only problem I could see about Dnr cracking down on stuff like that is if the photo had a time stamp on it.
    Last edited by FishMoken; 03-02-2017 at 06:12 AM.
    Desert Camo- Moken 14
    Tan- Tarpon 140

I was wondering the same thing? Glad someone else had the same thoughts.
    John
    Annapolis
    Native Slayer Propel 10, Native Ultimate 12

If you think DNR is not watching social media, you are kidding yourself.

Fishing MD via FB is a wonderful place for a good laugh, and shop-talk, but some folks ignore the rules and regs, and its only a matter of time...
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune Hobie ProAngler 14 Lowrance Elite 7 ti TotalScan

Backup Babe (Girlfriends Ride): Carribean Blue Hobie Outback Lowrance Elite 5 HDI w/ Pumpkin Spice Latte holder

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream

I'm not sure how much DNR is watching, I bet they've got their hands full with all the large scale poaching events. I follow their page and they post recent arrests every now and then, which is satisfying to see, but at the same time, many repeat offenders. Clearly sentences are not strong enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve6902 View Post
    I follow Fishing Maryland on FB, where I watch people post pics about the Rockfish that they caught for the day. The problem is the rock are in a cooler or the tailgate of their truck or a cutting board. Now correct me if I'm wrong but aren't stripers catch and release right now on the bay?? These people post about fishing the bay and the rock they catch. Sooo does DNR ever watch these sites?? Some people even post the LG Bass they catch. Those are catch and release also. Ok, I'm done venting.
    Up until March 1st it was legal to keep largemouth. Season is now C&R until June 15. Like the DNR says, if we see something call it in.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    Up until March 1st it was legal to keep largemouth. Season is now C&R until June 15. Like the DNR says, if we see something call it in.
    If I'm reading the Maryland regs correctly, LMB are legal in tidal waters year round, but need to be 15 inches March 1 until June 15. See http://www.eregulations.com/maryland...ession-limits/. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I was citing non tidal.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I Agree that repeat offenders should get mandatory stiffer penalties including jail time...today there are repeat, repeat, repeat offenders getting ready to repeat offend some more...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13