Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation for Kayak Vendors around MD/VA/DE

Don't forget about Survival Products in Salisbury MD!

410-543-1244

Joe and Rick are great to deal with and haven been selling kayaks for 35 years. It's closer than driving to the beach. They sell all the major brands such as Hobie and Wilderness (they do not sell Native). Although they are in MD, the retail price of the boat will be adjusted to negate the sales tax. They will also price match any price you receive from another dealer. They have moved away from a demo day, but if you would like a private demo, the price of the demo is taken off of your kayak purchase. Demo's typically run somewhere around $75. Rick is also good about throwing in a free accessory or two when you purchase.

If you are not looking to spend the large upfront cost all at once, they also offer financing. I explained it last year in a post that can be found HERE.

They have recently taken shipment on their new 2017 kayaks and are offering great deals on remaining 2016 kayaks! You will need to call to see if they have a 2016 model of the boat you are looking for, but I cant imagine they do not have something to fit your need.

Ill also add that I don't receive anything from you buying from them. Although they are my sponsoring dealer, I recommend them because they are genuinely a good bunch of guys. If you decide to pay them a visit, send me a PM and maybe I can join you on your demo if I am free. There is excellent pickerel fishing in the body of water where the demo occur!
    Last edited by RavensDfense; 03-01-2017 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

+1 On Backyard Boats Annapolis. Remember when choosing your vendor warranty issues and needed parts or accessories. NO tax is great, but driving two hours to "Your" dealer might be a bit much. The only way local dealers can make it, is by local people supporting them thru sales and service. It's one thing to buy a kayak at another dealer, and then want the local dealer to work on it or service it.

Yak67
    2016 Hobie Outback LE
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo

Depends on which manufacturer of kayaks you are leaning to...as you can see from the posts there are a number of good reputable local dealers- just remember if you have a problem with any defect (and it sometimes happens to the best of them) your local dealer will make it right...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

+1 on Survival Products. I have purchased four kayaks from them going back over 25 years. Their style of advice during the purchase has always been to guide me to the best boat for my needs, with no pressure of an up sell. Their service after the sale has to be rated a 10 out of 10. So may times I have been offered a loaner or been greeted with "no charge" as I am pulling out my wallet. I really don't know how a customer could be treated any better

Thank you everyone for their inputs. I seem to have overlooked many dealers that are closer.

I will be sending emails to the dealers to see what they can provide. I'm set on getting two Native Slayer Propels (10 and 13).

Quote Originally Posted by Seasalt View Post
    Thank you everyone for their inputs. I seem to have overlooked many dealers that are closer.

I will be sending emails to the dealers to see what they can provide. I'm set on getting two Native Slayer Propels (10 and 13).
    You got many responses about good dealers for various brands of kayaks. Since your last comment indicates that you are looking just at Native products (and I wholly support that interest), you can narrow down your search to those dealers that carry Native kayaks. Native's website offers a dealer search function http://nativewatercraft.com/dealer/ For example, I chose Annapolis as the starting point and added a 100-mile radius (you can choose your own starting point and radius). The following dealers were identified in order of how close they are:

John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11 and Slayer Propel 10
    Member - Pro Staff team for Native Watercraft

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" - light tackle fishing techniques for kayaks and small boats

A little bit off the beaten path but BluHaven Piers down here in St Mary's is a Hobie dealer and they rent them as well. I've enjoyed all me dealings with Chris and Viet and they are located just off St Inigoe's creek. When I bought mine they gave me 10% off all future accessory purchases.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"