An updated list:
    Yakmac (fishing and lunch)
    Ronaultmd (fishing and lunch?)
    BarefootPetr (fishing and lunch)
    Fishmoken (fishing only)
    Aintmisbehavin (fishing and lunch)
    Mchottie (lunch possibly)
    and myself obviously for both.

DonV, are you interested in attending either the fishing or the lunch, or both? Also, as for the weather, it's supposed to be between 25-35F out there, and winds from 5-10 most likely during out fishing window. I'm fine with that, but if anyone has reservations, and thinks I should postpone it, let me know. Like I said, this Saturday certainly would work best for me, but I'm also concerned about everyone's safety. If anyone needs a drytop or waders, let me know, I will bring both if need be, since I just wear my drysuit normally. Right now, I'm going to make a lunch reservation at Accokeek seafood for 7, but will ask them to maybe consider making space for up to 10 of us, assuming a few more might sign up between now and Saturday.

Comment

I am good with the weather- fished in the cold many times- just make sure you put on that base layer of insulated underwear- and then layer- figure three/four hours on the water will make everyone want a good hot lunch...the week has had a warm spell that should warm the shallows up some- I have caught blue cats in 41 degree water- that seems about right for them- 41-48 degrees- anything colder they get sluggish and you have to bounce a bait off them to get a bite- we should be fine with those winds- everyone should try to stay fairly close to the launch- I plan to head across the river to the Virginia side and down a bit- there are some nice shallows really close to deep hole- moving water is key... as long as the tide is running we should catch fish...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by FishMoken View Post
        I plan to be there for fishing. What is everyone bringing for bait? I have some chicken, and plan to pick up some worms Friday. Just wondering if it would be worth it to try for some bluegill fishing this week for bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I plan to bring Sea Duck breast. It's pretty fishy tasting when you cook it and it stays on a hook pretty well. I also plan on bringing nightcrawlers and Gulp.

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          I am good with the weather- fished in the cold many times- just make sure you put on that base layer of insulated underwear- and then layer- figure three/four hours on the water will make everyone want a good hot lunch...the week has had a warm spell that should warm the shallows up some- I have caught blue cats in 41 degree water- that seems about right for them- 41-48 degrees- anything colder they get sluggish and you have to bounce a bait off them to get a bite- we should be fine with those winds- everyone should try to stay fairly close to the launch- I plan to head across the river to the Virginia side and down a bit- there are some nice shallows really close to deep hole- moving water is key... as long as the tide is running we should catch fish...

Yep across the river is where I typically go. Like I said I'm no expert, but the same spot has produced decent fish for me on my only 2 trips to marshall hall.

Comment

It's going to be chilly guys. Dress appropriately and have fun. I' m waiting for warmer weather to try.

Comment

OK fellow Snaggedliners...time to throw the towel in- Fish Weather is calling for high winds Saturday- the one factor that controls everything about kayak fishing open waters is the wind and with sustained winds of North 15 gusts to 25 Saturday morning I would be remiss if I did not recommend we postpone our Meet and Greet to a more favorable weather day...

Comment

Alright everyone, so like I said earlier, I'm going to be in the area, so I'm in favor of still having the M&G. Weather right now off accuweather is 12 mph winds with 17mph gusts, and temps a couple degrees below freezing. We could meet in the morning and make the call then. What is the consensus right now? Should we postpone it to a warmer day, or meet tomorrow morning and discuss it then? I know many of you have a long drive, and I usually would, but I will be within 35 minutes anyway tomorrow, so any decision is fine by me. If I get a few more votes besides Ron's to cancel it, that's what I will do, and I will try to post a thread only containing the cancellation, and message each person who said they were coming. If the group still wants to do it, then we can meet at the same time (7-730) and if it's ugly, just go eat a nice breakfast somewhere. And if not, we can fish as planned and go eat lunch at 1:30 or 2. The only plus side is that although we will be paddling into the wind to get to my intended spot, the wind should be at our backs paddling home, might make it easier. But again, it'll be very cold. What does everyone think?

Comment

If the wind direction was any direction but a north or south wind My vote would be different- but knowing the river at Marshall Hall is north/south means the winds will be coming from the open water; not across the sides where the topography helps shelter some...I fished a week ago from Smallwood State Park on a somewhat smaller body of water with Kevin Fry and Bill Connelly- winds were forecast to be 5-10 and they weren't...still they were quartering winds so it wasn't too bad and they eventually did lay down, but the wind forecast on land is always different than what we experience on the water- combine that with the air temps...I really, really want to go fishing, but my head tells me we can find better kayak fishing weather in a few days...

Comment

After it was cancelled I made other plans and the weather forecast is making me think a nicer day would be more enjoyable for everyone.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
                    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

My vote is to wait for a better day. Maybe reset and try next weekend that way we can still get it in. I had my mind set on catching some big blues!
                      Gregory
                      ​Ain't Misbehavin'
                      2014 Pro Angler 12
                      '

Comment

Alright that's about half the attendees, not including me, voting to cancel it. Good enough for me. Unfortunately I won't be able to lead it next weekend, perhaps the weekend after. Thank you for your interest in attending, and I look forward to fishing with you all very soon! I will post a new thread and send a pm to those who haven't posted in this one in a while.

Comment

Working...
                        X