Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marshall Hall Meet and Greet 3/11/17

Yeah I tend not to bring chicken livers anymore since they're so sloppy and stinky, but they tend to be good bait. Like I said earlier, the best baits for me in that area have been nightcrawlers and chicken breast. But I will have shrimp with me, since I've had luck with it in the past but not at Marshall hall. Hot dogs work too. Lots of choices, we will narrow it down once we figure out what's catching and share if need be.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Bait the livers on the hook. Stick in an ice tray, eyelet on the hook up, top off with remaining juice/blood and freeze for 24 hours. Keep them in a cooler with some ice and go fishing. Just tie on to the hook eyelet.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Steve6902 View Post
    Bait the livers on the hook. Stick in an ice tray, eyelet on the hook up, top off with remaining juice/blood and freeze for 24 hours. Keep them in a cooler with some ice and go fishing. Just tie on to the hook eyelet.
    Pro tip indeed. For the record though, I've never caught bluecats in Marshall hall with livers. My luck though, and that'll be the ticket this go around

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I will be there for fishing and lunch.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Thanks to all of you who were able to help me with the dry suit question. I will definitely start a real search for a decent suit. I wish you all well this Saturday and tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I guess I should have checked the calendar first. Looks like I won't be able to make it Saturday. I hope the weather holds out for you all and the fish are biting.
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by GSMOSS9 View Post
    Thanks to all of you who were able to help me with the dry suit question. I will definitely start a real search for a decent suit. I wish you all well this Saturday and tight lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They are not cheap. Carefully consider how much you will be using it and if it is worth the investment. I considered one and still would like to have one but I am just not that much of a cold weather fisherman. I find the dry top waders to get me into as much of the early and late seasons that I want for the fishing that I do. This Marshall Hall trip is usually about the earliest I get out and I feel fairly confident in my drytop/waders and just think a drysuit would be a waste for me.

Don't get me wrong if you are going to be any serious amount of cold water fishing or even a little if alone, get one, your life may depend on it. If cold averse like me and only plan on going a few times a year or with others in any cold water situation you may want to consider the wader/drysuit combo. The right setup stays surprisingly dry and there are some videos bouncing around showing the set up being tested.

2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

Shrimp works good for cat fish as well. Just let them sit out for a couple of hours first. Also an offset circle hook is best for cats. We use to run bushbobs on the upper Potomac in my younger days. And by Upper Potomac, I mean past Hancock.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

I *might* be in for lunch, it will be a game-time decision as I have a commitment in the morning which may run longer than expected.
    First Lady: Hobie Ivory Sand Dune ProAngler 14
    Lowrance Elite 7 ti & Lowrance Hook 9
    Minn Kota Endura C2 30lb Trolling Pro

Backup Babe: Sand/Dune Equinox Future Beach Angler 12
    Lownce Elite 5 HDI & Kerrow composite paddle

Learning the Ropes & Living the Dream