Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooler suggestions

anyone have the RTIC hard cooler? what do you think?

Can't vouch for RTIC's hard cooler but I have one of their soft coolers and it's my favorite go too cooler. Nicely made and I love the fact it's soft and I can wedge it in somewhere.

When the time comes for me to get a hard cooler other than the igloos I have it will be an RTIC. You can search THEHULLTRUTH.com forum and I've seen threads about them over there. Seems a lot of guys like them and there are others who are Yeti or nothing.
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2014 Hobie ProAngler 12
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Agreed. I have the RTIC 40 and 20 soft coolers. Fantastic units. But I haven't found the need to buy a hard sided one yet. The 40 is a little big on the yak but the 20 fits perfectly.
    Jackson Big Tuna
    Jackson Cuda 14

I have the 20 hard cooler...heavier than I thought...seems to be well made...keeps Ice and things in it cold...bigger than I thought it would be...only down side is that it is like so many things nowadays...made in china
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

I have the RTIC 45 and it kept our drinks cold the whole week we were down at the beach last week. It can get pretty heavy by the time it's fully loaded.

Mine is also the model they were selling before the lawsuit was settled so I can't say how the new models are.

I do a lot of kayak camping in the mountians and needed a "waterproof" seal and positive locking lid on my cooler like the Yeti has.
    Ended up with a Sub Z for ~100.00, it is great and an ok size for when carrying child items for multiple people.
    But as I refine my kayak camping, I am looking for a cooler with the same footprint but "one can high", AKA a low profile cooler, less weight, and lower center of gravity.

Slack
    Captian of the plastic Navy
    2 - Mad River Canoes
    2- Tarpon 120
    1- Redfish 10
    1- Prodigy 12
    1- Coosa HD
    1- Cuda 12

http://reoservicesofmaryland.com/

Yeti 30 is on sale at Marshals Towson for $199 ......... they had about 10 when I got mine today