X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option is to use an old sash weight

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
      How heavy do you think the chain is? I'm kinda surprised you say it holds for you. You would think it wouldn't have enough grab to dig in and would end up doing more dragging then anything.
      It is 3-4ft of 5/8 chain I think. Certainly heavier than some of the grapple anchors folks use. I sometimes use a much longer price of 3/16 chain too, but Double it over more times.
      The secret is drag/friction. The chain has maximum contact with the bottom and the surface is irregular. It won't roll either. The only surface I've had any issue with was Very very compact sand. Even then, I was holding better than the guys with me using small grapples and a danforth anchor

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

^^^^^^
        Thanks for posting the specs on the chain anchor, definitely something I will
        be adding.
        Jay

10' Green Slayer
        13’ Red Slayer

Comment

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...aw-Anchor.html

I prefer a plow style anchor, it's the lightest option, holds extremely well especially in mud or sand, and if rigged properly is easy to recover. I think ACK even sells a kit with a rope, bag and float.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
            http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...aw-Anchor.html

I prefer a plow style anchor, it's the lightest option, holds extremely well especially in mud or sand, and if rigged properly is easy to recover. I think ACK even sells a kit with a rope, bag and float.
            West Marine has them also. Cheap and they sure do grip in sand and mud. Only thing I don't like about it is the shape is kind of clunky and hard to store neatly on the kayak.

Comment

I river fish the OHIO river with flows around 1.5-3mph sry I have my SOG set to mph instead of knts. I use a 10lb mushroom anchor on a quick release with a blaze orange dog trainer retriever I bought for $5.
              2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
              LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
              X