Port Tobacco River cats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port Tobacco River cats

Got out on the Port Tobacco river today...it was beautiful! Had a bald eagle grab a fish about 100 yards in front of me...awesome. Anyway, this is my first trip out in a while, so figured I post the catch. The cats (2 blue, 2 channel) were 8lb, 7lb, 1.5lb, and 1lb. Had another blue probably about 5ish lbs but he decided to spit the hook out at me when I had him up next to my yak... ***reminder to self, get a net...cats.jpgport tobacco.jpg
    Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Nice eater blues! I think the two smaller one are bullheads though. Awesome flathead bait apparently!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Agree that they look like bullheads. Nice catch on this beautiful day.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by sega View Post
        Nice eater blues! I think the two smaller one are bullheads though. Awesome flathead bait apparently!

I think it's a bad angle. They had the young channel "spots" on their side and a very channel look to them. I grew up in Arkansas and we had channels almost exclusively in that part of the US. BUT, I most certainly could be wrong! Either way, channels or bullheads, they are getting the grease... :-)
        Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

x3 for bullheads
          2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
          LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Whisker fish- what part of Arkansas? I was born in Amity, Arkansas and grew up in Hot Springs- fishing the Ouchita, White, Caddo and the Little Red rivers...we would cat fish with trot lines, limb lines and push poles...yellow cats, flatheads, and channel cats were our target fish...The big lakes had hybrid stripers, stripers and monster largemouth bass...we would seine for shad and crawfish for bait...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              Whisker fish- what part of Arkansas? I was born in Amity, Arkansas and grew up in Hot Springs- fishing the Ouchita, White, Caddo and the Little Red rivers...we would cat fish with trot lines, limb lines and push poles...yellow cats, flatheads, and channel cats were our target fish...The big lakes had hybrid stripers, stripers and monster largemouth bass...we would seine for shad and crawfish for bait...
              Northeast Arkansas (Rector...really small town) close to the Missouri boot heel. I mostly fished ponds as I wasn't able to make it to many lakes. The St Francis river was great for flathead with yoyos and trotline though. Occasionally my family would take a vacation to North Fork Lake.

Anthony

Redfish 12 Angler

Comment

Working...
              X