No announcement yet.

Keeping Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catch-Photo-Release those big ones to make more for the future of the species. The 25ā€ one taste just fine if Iā€™m looking for a meal. Sounds like the trend here... You can always have a mold made with your measurements if your looking for a wall hanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I use a fish bag or would place in the hull of my Kraken. There are many types of fish bags out there any will do just add ice.(frozen water bottles) if I had to transport in the hull.

Here is a 60ā€ catch cooler bag might work for you.

https://www.elktonoutdoors.com/produ...UaAi5WEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yes C & R!
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Originally posted by dirtyjake237 View Post
          Steve I usually set em all loose. Especially the big ones, most striped bass over 30 pounds are usually female and large females produce exponentially more eggs than smaller ones.
          Just my 2 cents, I can remember about 30 years ago when the Striped Bass population was hanging on by a thread. I still believe we should impose a slot limit like they have for red drum.
          Fisherman are stewards of the shared resource, if our forefathers had restrained themselves just a little bit we would be able to hunt wild Buffalo today. So that's why I fish rather than hunt, I can't release it for others and our grandchildren to enjoy later if I kill it.
          +1
          Native Titan Propel 12
          Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI

Solo Skiff
          Mercury 6hp
          Humminbird Helix 7 MEGA DI/SI
          Minn Kota Riptide Powerdrive w/ Spot-Lock

Comment

Guys this is a 2 year old post... But was still a good read. Interestingly enough, I bought Steve's old Outback at the end of last summer, and have been getting ready for my first kayak foray into trophy rockfish season myself... And bought one of the catch bags referenced in this thread a few months ago. Perhaps I'll never put a 40 inch rock in it, perhaps I will. Perhaps I'll throw a few 10-12 inch perch in it, or a few snakehead, or something else. Just probably not any spiky catfish , though I've got an idea for a spike hold down rubber band system that could help... time will tell. I like to eat fish, particularly ones I catch. I don't get to go out enough to make any real dent in any fish population, so don't have any qualms about keeping any (legal size) fish. Tight lines everyone.
            -Justin

Comment

Working...
            X