The sleepy Severn woke up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sleepy Severn woke up

Had a chance to cast a couple lures before my last job today and finally hooked up to my first Severn pickerel of 2017. Not a monster but feels good to find signs of life back in my home river. It figures, all the times I've been out paddling on the Severn this year, I caught this guy off of one of my community's piers.
    Last edited by supfisher01; 02-23-2017, 02:02 PM.

Nice work Steve. I had not caught a pickerel in the Severn since early December and stopped trying for a while. A week ago I made a short exploratory visit to one Severn tributary and caught a few pickerel. I have not had time to look in other locations. I hope this signals their return.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      Nice work Steve. I had not caught a pickerel in the Severn since early December and stopped trying for a while. A week ago I made a short exploratory visit to one Severn tributary and caught a few pickerel. I have not had time to look in other locations. I hope this signals their return.
      Thanks, John, and congrats to you with your catches as well. I also hope this is a sign and not a fluke.

Comment

Good news.
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've only been out two times as scouting trips but didn't have a bite, nibble, or anything. I thought it was just me. Glad you got something, gives me some hope. Still trying to figure out that fishery and its seasonal patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Desert Camo- Moken 14
          Tan- Tarpon 140

Comment

Originally posted by FishMoken View Post
            I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've only been out two times as scouting trips but didn't have a bite, nibble, or anything. I thought it was just me. Glad you got something, gives me some hope. Still trying to figure out that fishery and its seasonal patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks!

Yeah, the fish have been extremely elusive this year. Hoping it only gets better from here on out. I will be launching tomorrow morning for a couple of hours to see if there are anymore signs of life in other parts of the river. I hope to deliver a report that doesn't involve a skunk.

Comment

I hit a couple local creeks off the Severn yesterday, didn't catch any but had a couple follows. So,maybe you are correct. Hope so!
              John Rentch
              Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
              Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

The encouraging news by the few catches and follows recently reported here is that the picks are there. I was concerned about a die-off. Why they've had lockjaw all winter is a mystery.
                Mark
                Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Great to see!!
                  Harlan

Revo 13
                  Trident 13
                  Cuda 14
                  Necky Tandem