Occoquan / Belmont Bay Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan / Belmont Bay Advice

I'm looking at fishing the Occoquan river, bay area saturday (2/18/17) morning. Does anyone have advice for a ramp or put in location? Also, anything to look out for?

really? I didnt think Occoquan was one of those secret spots. guess I will wander over sans kayak one day and scope it out for myself. I was just hoping to avoid the hour drive before I knew what to look for.

Comment

There's a ramp in the park off Rt 123 on the north side of the river. $5 (?) I do not know the park's hours and have never used this ramp. I put in in the town of Occuquan. Either behind the old mill museum at the upstream end of town or in the parking lot under the Rt 1.23 bridge. ( Parking is not allowed in the lot early in the day to discurage uses by commuters. Just move to car to the street after unloading.) Both of the sites are rough, but I am 78 and weigh 145. Unless you have a barge they are doable.

Comment

Thanks for the tip Art!

Comment

If you are off Monday I plan to launch out of the Regional Park around Noon or so. I launch there when I want to head towards the bridges. Otherwise I tend to launch at the bridge under Route 123.

Comment

I am off on Monday, that sounds great! I will plan to be at the park around noon.

Comment

Working...
            X