Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Here - Introduction... Back in the Saddle?

Where in NOVA are you? I will probably hit the Occoquan on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasalt View Post
    Thank you Mark.

Ironically about ~11 years ago when Hobie was first releasing the Revolutions, they needed a name for their new yak. Guess who's name was chosen? Mine. Yes, definitely want to fish the Severn this year. The distance from Northern Virginia is about right for an early morning trip... be home by noon.
    I hope you got a boat out of that!

See you on the water.
    Mark

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12

Author: The Simple Joys of Kayak Fishing (Tips and Tales From an Old Guy in His Plastic Boat)
    Available on Amazon.com

Quote Originally Posted by Seasalt View Post
    HeaveToo, your saltwater license for VA is good for Maryland. There is a reciprocal agreement.

Yeah, once the water warms up, we should plan a trip to Severn...
    The VA tidal license is reciprocal with the MD tidal license. However, the non-tidal (freshwater) licenses are not reciprocal. Further, neither MD nor VA are reciprocal with the District of Columbia.

For MD tidal license holders, in order to use your license in VA, you need to register with the Virginia Marine Fisheries Commission (no cost, but you could be fined if you do not do this). http://mrc.virginia.gov/fip/

I do not know if VA tidal license holders must do the same in MD.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11 and Slayer Propel 10
    Member - Pro Staff team for Native Watercraft

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" - light tackle fishing techniques for kayaks and small boats

Quote Originally Posted by HeaveToo View Post
    Where in NOVA are you? I will probably hit the Occoquan on Monday and Tuesday afternoon.
    I'm in Clifton but I haven't bought my yak yet. I will probably start fishing in May. As for Point Lookout, it is a far drive 2.5+ hours... almost same drive as Ocean City or Delaware.

Point Lookout is a two hour drive according to Waze. I am very familiar with that section of river from years of sailing through it.

Let me know if you want to get a look at a Vibe Sea Ghost. It has to be the best bang for the buck in the kayak world. I love mine.

Point Lookout is a two hour drive according to Waze. I am very familiar with that section of river from years of sailing through it.

Let me know if you want to get a look at a Vibe Sea Ghost. It has to be the best bang for the buck in the kayak world. I love mine.
    I wouldn't mind getting a look at your Vibe when you hit the Severn or Point Lookout. I'm looking to upgrade my paddle kayak. And I hear great things about the Vibe.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

It won't be until May or so that I make that kind of drive. Most of my fishing is the Occoquan River since it is about 2 miles from my house

But you are welcome to see it at any time. It is a great yak for what I use it for since I will be fishing in rivers, shallows, and also some open water. The area I fish in the Occoquan has a lot of rocks and there is some current flowing through there. It would be tough to fish that in a paddle yak.

But you are welcome to see it at any time. It is a great yak for what I use it for since I will be fishing in rivers, shallows, and also some open water. The area I fish in the Occoquan has a lot of rocks and there is some current flowing through there. It would be tough to fish that in a paddle yak.
    Sounds good. Hopefully we can make it happen. I want to fish the Occoquan as well.
    It won't be until May or so that I make that kind of drive. Most of my fishing is the Occoquan River since it is about 2 miles from my house

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

PLO is one of my favorite fishing locations...when the croakers are running some really good fishing...stripers, redfish, white perch and speckled trout...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13