Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Here - Introduction... Back in the Saddle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeaveToo View Post
    Point Lookout is a two hour drive according to Waze. I am very familiar with that section of river from years of sailing through it.

Let me know if you want to get a look at a Vibe Sea Ghost. It has to be the best bang for the buck in the kayak world. I love mine.
    I wouldn't mind getting a look at your Vibe when you hit the Severn or Point Lookout. I'm looking to upgrade my paddle kayak. And I hear great things about the Vibe.

Sent from my Note 7 using Tapatalk
    Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2017 Orange Camo Vibe Sea Ghost 130

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

It won't be until May or so that I make that kind of drive. Most of my fishing is the Occoquan River since it is about 2 miles from my house

Comment

But you are welcome to see it at any time. It is a great yak for what I use it for since I will be fishing in rivers, shallows, and also some open water. The area I fish in the Occoquan has a lot of rocks and there is some current flowing through there. It would be tough to fish that in a paddle yak.

Comment

But you are welcome to see it at any time. It is a great yak for what I use it for since I will be fishing in rivers, shallows, and also some open water. The area I fish in the Occoquan has a lot of rocks and there is some current flowing through there. It would be tough to fish that in a paddle yak.
          Sounds good. Hopefully we can make it happen. I want to fish the Occoquan as well.
          It won't be until May or so that I make that kind of drive. Most of my fishing is the Occoquan River since it is about 2 miles from my house

Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

PLO is one of my favorite fishing locations...when the croakers are running some really good fishing...stripers, redfish, white perch and speckled trout...
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

In late April the Occoquan gets REALLY good. In the back of the river there are Stripers, Shad, and the Snakehead spawn so you can catch them in there during the same time. I do better for stripers in late September through October as long as the water is running from the dam. If the water isn't flowing it really isn't worth fishing to hard.

In the right conditions I have caught about 50 stripers in a 4 hour slot fishing the Occoquan River. There is also a few different places that you can put in for free if you don't want to use Occoquan Regional Park.

Comment

Late April then, I can put in any where. Thanks for the information.

Keith

2015 Sand Hobie Outback

2015 Camo Ascend FS12T

Comment

Working...
                X