Minnows-where to buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnows-where to buy

Hoping to catch some crappie and would like to fish with live minnows. Where can you buy live minnows? I believe Angler's has them, but is there anywhere in the MD/DC region that has them? I live in Laurel if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call Clyde's Sport Shop in Halethorpe to see if they have any.
    Joe

2020 Vibe Shearwater 125

Comment

Clydes has the best for crappie, they are actual shiners, preferred over bull minnows for crappie, keep them outside or in a cold area and they will last as long time, A couple weeks

Comment

I always get them from clydes
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Another vote for Clydes. Not the best area, but a lot of bait selection, including bull minnows.

Comment

Originally posted by gafisherman View Post
            Hoping to catch some crappie and would like to fish with live minnows. Where can you buy live minnows? I believe Angler's has them, but is there anywhere in the MD/DC region that has them? I live in Laurel if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            So where do you crappie fish? In the reservoirs or in the river? I have a bass boat that I've caught a lot of specks from, but really haven't pinned down an area to fish for them here. Also, with all the consumption warnings I was starting to think the Eastern Shore would be the only place to find safe fish to eat.

Gregory

Just another day in the sun...
            Gregory
            ​Ain't Misbehavin'
            2014 Pro Angler 12
            '

Comment

For years Warren's Bait Box sold tackle and bait in Glen Burnie. The Warren family closed the store a few years ago. I was told that another company (All About Bait and Tackle) is operating a shop out of the same building at 7403 Baltimore Annapolis Blvd, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. I have not been there, but if that is closer to you, give them a call at (410) 590-0000 to see if they sell minnows.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
              X