No announcement yet.

Hobie Hatch Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a nut inside the Scotty rail adapter that would need to be replaced. I already look into it. Hobie has a rod holder that comes with buckles to keep it from twisting in the molded holders on the yak. It just goes to a pad eye on the front. I will do something like John has done only going to a pad eye.
    2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
      This is 2012 outback.Well worth the money.I never like the round hatch from day one.Hobie should done this years ago.
      Coop, what kind of seat is that/where did you get it? Your setup is very nice. Also is that a mini in the background?

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
        Coop, what kind of seat is that/where did you get it? Your setup is very nice. Also is that a mini in the background?
        I'm pretty sure that's the Jackson seat modification to pre-2015 Outbacks. Be a great way to save some money if you want the lawn chair seat on an older boat.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
          I'm pretty sure that's the Jackson seat modification to pre-2015 Outbacks. Be a great way to save some money if you want the lawn chair seat on an older boat.
          Your correct. I did the same. Coop mounted his to s piece of wood to keep it from sliding around. I just sit on mine, it slides around a bit but I'm ok with it that way for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yakscientist View Post
            The seat is Jackson.Got the seat from DPS.No that's Kia soul.Thanks
            2012 hobie outback
            2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

[QUOTE=brianisoutside;140183]Your correct. I did the same. Coop mounted his to s piece of wood to keep it from sliding around. I just sit on mine, it slides around a bit but I'm ok with it that way for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

Mines is not mounted to a pcs wood.Thank you.Also this is not lawn chair.
              2012 hobie outback
              2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
                Not lawn chair for one.Why pay for new outback just for a seat.
                2012 hobie outback
                2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

I have a 2016 OB and I have done the upgrade. It is very much worth the upgrade in my opinion. and it makes a better standing platform also. Avoid buuying the tray organizer and just stick with the box as the tackle boxes that fit the tray will still fit the box if need be. It is one of the scariest but easiest upgrades I have completed. and for the yellow perch crappie guys I turned mine into a bait tank and can keep shiners and fathead alive in there for hours. much easier than turning around and tryin to fumble for bait.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...atch-Installed
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

https://youtu.be/J9fEqGp5liI

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                    LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Okay so how did you make the live well?? Also added the hatch today.
                      2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Its just a plastic bin $2.97from walmart that fit... used a cutting board $2 to fill the space around it and keep it from falling through.. and just add a baby box bubbler $4.97...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
                        LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

Working...
                        X