Wilson Bridge Bluecats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilson Bridge Bluecats

Waited for the rain to stop this morning then ran to the Wilson Bridge to see what was happening with the catfish. I hit the water around 1:15 and had my first bite with in 5 minutes. Right about then the Alexandria fire boat showed up to do some docking practice on the bridge. They took turns playing in the current and easing the boat up to various ladders around the piling walls. So needless to say I could fish the spots I wanted to. I moved over to the third set of pilings and managed a few hits with only one fish in the boat. I got tired fighting the out going current and hit the south end of the second wall. Had another fish in the boat in just a few minutes. The firs boat moved that way and I moved back to the 3rd set. Got another small one and decided to call it a day. The tide was going slack the front was moving in and the wind was picking up. As I got to the dock the fire boat was heading up river, what timing...

I think it would have been a great day of catching if I could have fished the North end walls. There is always next time.

catfish 1.jpg catfish26.jpg catfish2.jpg catfish4.jpg front.JPG
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Nice work!! I hope to get out there soon.

Comment

Fishing there makes me giddy. I've only been there once and only hooked up with a couple of cats, but they were a blast to catch. Something about reeling in that big blur of a fish made me happy and laugh. Amazing how easy it is to catch them. Good job getting out there in the middle of winter!

Comment

Working...
      X