Occoquan River Perch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan River Perch

The are here, but the bite is slow. I caught 6 yesterday and 1 today. Today was a mix bag where I didn't mind only catching one perch because it was okay in size. The payback for today was that I caught 1 striper and 1 large mouth. They were fun to catch.

I am seeing a lot of schools of fish on the depth finder. They are at the middle of the water column in 20 feet of water. Sometimes in 8 feet to 12 feet down with some bigger fish mixed in the schools. I wonder if the schools are bait fish and they are followed by stripers. It could be something to slow troll through with the yak. My striper was caught by jigging a silver buddy as my kayak was drifting in the wind.

Water Temp: Yesterday it was 40, today it was 42.

Clarity: normal

Air Temp today was near 72. Yesterday it was in the 60s.

I will be headed there this weekend. Caught a load of smaller bass, 1 palm sized perch and a few panfish while I was there about 3 weeks ago. Good to hear there are still fish around.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Let me know how it fishes. I plan to be there Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
      X