My C Tug Broke today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My C Tug Broke today!

I am extremely irritated. I was taking my kayak back to my back yard, nothing crazy but a slight grade. One of the pads on the C Tug broke while I was loading it. This caused my kayak to fall over and then it knocked one of my scotty rod holders in a track mount out of the track, damaging my track somewhat.

I think that the strap slipped a little and it caused this issue. Either way, I am really aggravated about this! Some of me wonders if the cart was defective because I was way under limit. The terrain wasn't that bad either. The other irritating thing is the damage to my kayak. I don't think that the damage was too bad. I was able to bend the track back, pretty much too.

I sent an email to C Tug customer service. I will update with what they say.

So mad!

I had a similar incident. Sea Tugs are known for their toughness until I accidently put 2 tons of SUV on top of it. Mine sounded like ten M80s going off when she finally gave in to the pressure. Bits of Sea Tug shrapnel were all over Buzzes Marina. Took forever to clean it up.
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Comment

Customer service is A+. They have already contacted me back and they will be sending me a new pad tomorrow.

Comment

I recommend you getting a cam lock strap.. the strap that comes with the ctug is terrible. they tried to remake it but its still not as good as a regular cam lock strap.

the straps are known for coming lose and causing things to fall around.

I just took mine up beachwood today with that rough terrain and pretty nice inclined hill and my cam lock held like a dream.
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I use a cam lock strap on the tailgate extender to lock my kayak in. I may just use that strap when I use the C Tug as a multipurpose application. Good suggestion.

Comment

Here is a copy of a video of my boat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqDQ1VHNwVM&t=496s

It is pretty self sufficient. I was out for 12 days last year without going into a marina for the night. It is quite comfortable and I even have a cockpit shower.

My last boat was much bigger and it had hot and cold water pressure, shower, two burner stove with oven, and you could practically live aboard it comfortably. This one is a bit rougher but it is okay for a while.

Comment

Working...
            X