Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hobie Turbo Fins

I was looking at Austin Kayaks. They have the Honie Outback in Camo the comes with the turbo fins and sail rudder for $2,650 plus $190 for shipping. The regular Outback is $2,500 same shipping cost. Then there is the issue of the new Wilderness Radar 135 pedal drive. Thats $2,600 plus $60 for shipping. God the decisions. I did hear that you can tow another yak with a Hobie. Sooooo has anyone ever towed another yak with their Hobie and if so how was it??
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by Steve6902 View Post
    I was looking at Austin Kayaks. They have the Honie Outback in Camo the comes with the turbo fins and sail rudder for $2,650 plus $190 for shipping. The regular Outback is $2,500 same shipping cost. Then there is the issue of the new Wilderness Radar 135 pedal drive. Thats $2,600 plus $60 for shipping. God the decisions. I did hear that you can tow another yak with a Hobie. Sooooo has anyone ever towed another yak with their Hobie and if so how was it??
    Someone on here towed a BOAT with their outback a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mike

ive towed 2 kayaks on river against current(separate occasions) because they were not able to paddle and keep up with me and I wanted to get where I was going... it is relatively easy and I didn't do it with a tow rope I have them on my side holding on we went upstream like a side x side kayak or pontoon the only issue for him was keeping the front of the boat straight into the current sailing rudder was a huge factor in this because of the amount of counter steering I had to do but it was not unpleasant and id do it again with no hesitation

2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

I would almost guarantee if you go to our local Hobie dealers with the Austin Deal, they would match or better it...and should you run into a warrantee problem, they will make it right...something you would have difficulty with INTERNET sales...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

+1 on Ron- Hard to run to Texas for warranty work......

Yak67
    2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
    2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

I love ACK and would not hesitate to do business with them at all, but you might consider calling Delaware Paddle Sports and see what they can do for you. Keep in mind they are tax free, that's why I bought mine there.
    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Easton Cycle and Sports, Backyard Boats (two locations) all local Maryland/Northern Virgina locations..and they can rig your kayak professionally if you feel it is too hard...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

I talked to Delaware Paddle about the Camo Hobie Outback and they are out the door for $2,650. No tax no shipping fee. AND if I order by COB on Sunday I get a $150 in store credit!!!! That is about a $350 savings. Everybody else wants tax and fees.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

Cant go wrong with DPS, customer service and support is awesome. They are representing Hobie at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

A couple of miles West of the upper Chespeake Bay

Just did a quick search for the sailing rudder and didn't see it. Can anyone provide a part# ? Thanks!