No announcement yet.

Hobie Turbo Fins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACK carries it as does Backyard boats in Annapolis...I got mine from Backyard Boats...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...dfIaAqie8P8HAQ

Or get both in one package:

http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...e-Package.html
      2015 Hobie Outback
      2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Or I can just buy the Camo Outback that comes with both. Which is what I did.
        2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Thank you, Sir!!

Comment

I don't know why these are not standard equipment with an Outback like they are on the PA's...I could understand the Revos not having them or the sport, but not their number 1 seller, premier-fishing kayak...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
              I don't know why these are not standard equipment with an Outback like they are on the PA's...I could understand the Revos not having them or the sport, but not their number 1 seller, premier-fishing kayak...
              It's all about the money and the $19.95 scam. A standard Outback is $2,499 with the Turbo fins and sailing rudder it's $2,649. The difference is $150, but people do not see that. What they see is 24 and 26 thus the 19.95 vs the $20 bucks sales trick. Plus it gets people in an Outback and they can up grade later to the Turbos. I was looking at the Radar 135 at $1500 plus the pedal drive at $1100. That comes in at $2600. Same as the Hobie Camo. However the Radar is $150 more than a standard Outback.
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

It is my understanding from the reviews that the Mirage 180 drive with a smaller fin provides more torque thus more speed. i have not heard reviews from actual users.
                The reason I am reporting this, is you can buy the parts to convert your existing drive for about half the cost of purchasing a 180 drive.
                Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Salty Dog View Post
                  It is my understanding from the reviews that the Mirage 180 drive with a smaller fin provides more torque thus more speed. i have not heard reviews from actual users.
                  The reason I am reporting this, is you can buy the parts to convert your existing drive for about half the cost of purchasing a 180 drive.
                  Yup about 425 when pieced together depending on tax and shipping i had all the parts in online carts yesterday to complete mine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                  2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I have the Outback with the new 180 drive, turbo fins and sailing rudder. I will tell you this, it turns on a dime when going forward. However, when you backup real fast and try to turn the rudder gets turned and jammed/locked in that position. This only happens when going backwards fast. If you slowly go backwards it's all good.
                    2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
                      I have the Outback with the new 180 drive, turbo fins and sailing rudder. I will tell you this, it turns on a dime when going forward. However, when you backup real fast and try to turn the rudder gets turned and jammed/locked in that position. This only happens when going backwards fast. If you slowly go backwards it's all good.
                      Great tip!

LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I am going to wait a while before ordering the parts to make my 2016 Mirage Drive a 180 drive...there are always issues discovered in new innovations that cause "up-grades" and modifications...and since I have been used to the standard Mirage Drive for several years, now, I am well-satisfied with its overall performance...once the 180 drive has been throughly used in real world applications and its durability proven, then I might jump on the band wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
                          I am going to wait a while before ordering the parts to make my 2016 Mirage Drive a 180 drive...there are always issues discovered in new innovations that cause "up-grades" and modifications...and since I have been used to the standard Mirage Drive for several years, now, I am well-satisfied with its overall performance...once the 180 drive has been throughly used in real world applications and its durability proven, then I might jump on the band wagon...
                          Agree completely i just had them in my cart to figure shipping costs and stuff... someone posted yesterday there Forward handle for the drive snapped off flush in the pocket so now they gotta figure that out.

LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I have an outback & a PA14.

I've used both fins in both yaks. Turbo fins are more powerful & efficient & I can more effeciently move with the turbo fins. At the same time my adult son used my outback with turbo fins & I could keep up with him in my pa14 with standard fins. But''ve spent a lot of time on the water in the kayak & he hasn't. You will get used to whatever you have.

I just purchased the 180 turbo fins & will use them on the PA & wife will use my turbo fins on her outback.

I'm hoping that before you purchase you spend the time on the water & try out whatever yak you are considering. I tried natives & hobies, & was 100% sure I wanted a native, until I demmoed some yaks. I've had extensive knee surgery & found the native uncomfortable for me. I've bicycled extensively since my knee surgery & was sure the native was the right solution. (there is nothing wrong with natives, but there is something wrong with my knee.) I found for me & my knee the hobie drive was easier on my body.

And a 2nd on Delaware paddle Sports. they loaned us 4 yaks, & wife & I demoed an outback, revo, native & a PA and I immediately made my decision.
                            Everyone is different & kayaks are different enough that you need to sit in one on the water & see how it feels.
                            Red 2015 Hobie Outback
                            Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Working...
                            X