Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Hobie Turbo Fins

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern Maryland- Charles County
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    ACK carries it as does Backyard boats in Annapolis...I got mine from Backyard Boats...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    450

    Default

    2015 Hobie Outback
    2001 Dagger Cayman

    John

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Windsor, MD Carroll County
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Or I can just buy the Camo Outback that comes with both. Which is what I did.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern Maryland- Charles County
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    I don't know why these are not standard equipment with an Outback like they are on the PA's...I could understand the Revos not having them or the sport, but not their number 1 seller, premier-fishing kayak...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Windsor, MD Carroll County
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaultmtd View Post
    I don't know why these are not standard equipment with an Outback like they are on the PA's...I could understand the Revos not having them or the sport, but not their number 1 seller, premier-fishing kayak...
    It's all about the money and the $19.95 scam. A standard Outback is $2,499 with the Turbo fins and sailing rudder it's $2,649. The difference is $150, but people do not see that. What they see is 24 and 26 thus the 19.95 vs the $20 bucks sales trick. Plus it gets people in an Outback and they can up grade later to the Turbos. I was looking at the Radar 135 at $1500 plus the pedal drive at $1100. That comes in at $2600. Same as the Hobie Camo. However the Radar is $150 more than a standard Outback.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Abingdon, Maryland
    Posts
    760

    Default

    It is my understanding from the reviews that the Mirage 180 drive with a smaller fin provides more torque thus more speed. i have not heard reviews from actual users.
    The reason I am reporting this, is you can buy the parts to convert your existing drive for about half the cost of purchasing a 180 drive.
    Freddie T

    2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    It is my understanding from the reviews that the Mirage 180 drive with a smaller fin provides more torque thus more speed. i have not heard reviews from actual users.
    The reason I am reporting this, is you can buy the parts to convert your existing drive for about half the cost of purchasing a 180 drive.
    Yup about 425 when pieced together depending on tax and shipping i had all the parts in online carts yesterday to complete mine

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    New Windsor, MD Carroll County
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I have the Outback with the new 180 drive, turbo fins and sailing rudder. I will tell you this, it turns on a dime when going forward. However, when you backup real fast and try to turn the rudder gets turned and jammed/locked in that position. This only happens when going backwards fast. If you slowly go backwards it's all good.
    2017 Hobie Camo Outback
    2016 Vibe Sea Ghost

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve6902 View Post
    I have the Outback with the new 180 drive, turbo fins and sailing rudder. I will tell you this, it turns on a dime when going forward. However, when you backup real fast and try to turn the rudder gets turned and jammed/locked in that position. This only happens when going backwards fast. If you slowly go backwards it's all good.
    Great tip!

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
    LOWRANCE Hook7

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern Maryland- Charles County
    Posts
    3,096

    Default

    I am going to wait a while before ordering the parts to make my 2016 Mirage Drive a 180 drive...there are always issues discovered in new innovations that cause "up-grades" and modifications...and since I have been used to the standard Mirage Drive for several years, now, I am well-satisfied with its overall performance...once the 180 drive has been throughly used in real world applications and its durability proven, then I might jump on the band wagon...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Outback
    "Ugly Duckling" 2010 Olive Hobie Outback
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •