No announcement yet.

Hobie Turbo Fins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never having had a choice I like the turbo fins, I like the speed in which I cruz when my knees cooperate with my trip.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Chasing breaking fish; extending your time on the water to get that last fish but still make it home in time to keep the better half happy; getting to the hot spot before the other schmucks without turbo fins get there - are a few that come to mind.
      Revo or Outback, had them both with and without turbo fins. Turbo fins are a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      -Jimbo-

Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 30#
      Berkley Powerpro - 100 yrd spool - 20#
      Fishbites - Saltwater version

Comment

I've used the ST fins and the turbo fins on a 13' and 16' Revo. The turbo fins are more effective on the 16' than the 13' Revo for me. I think the difference in cadence required to pedal is noticeable, as well as the cruising speed. I tend to get tired quicker when I am using the ST fins. However, as noted earlier the ST fins are shorter, so if you're fishing the shallows or somewhere with boulders that's worth thinking about.
        J

Comment

Thank guys for all your feedback.
          2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

In regard to the added cost.... If you are buying new try and work the turbo fins/sailing rudder into the deal. I think I only paid way less than $100 for both, and let the dealer keep the ST fins and the original rudder. A perk to dealing with a local distributer. You may want to give Backyard a call and see if they are extending any boat show deals if you are ready to buy soon.

Comment

I was looking at Austin Kayaks. They have the Honie Outback in Camo the comes with the turbo fins and sail rudder for $2,650 plus $190 for shipping. The regular Outback is $2,500 same shipping cost. Then there is the issue of the new Wilderness Radar 135 pedal drive. Thats $2,600 plus $60 for shipping. God the decisions. I did hear that you can tow another yak with a Hobie. Sooooo has anyone ever towed another yak with their Hobie and if so how was it??
              2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Originally posted by Steve6902 View Post
                I was looking at Austin Kayaks. They have the Honie Outback in Camo the comes with the turbo fins and sail rudder for $2,650 plus $190 for shipping. The regular Outback is $2,500 same shipping cost. Then there is the issue of the new Wilderness Radar 135 pedal drive. Thats $2,600 plus $60 for shipping. God the decisions. I did hear that you can tow another yak with a Hobie. Sooooo has anyone ever towed another yak with their Hobie and if so how was it??
                Someone on here towed a BOAT with their outback a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Mike

Comment

ive towed 2 kayaks on river against current(separate occasions) because they were not able to paddle and keep up with me and I wanted to get where I was going... it is relatively easy and I didn't do it with a tow rope I have them on my side holding on we went upstream like a side x side kayak or pontoon the only issue for him was keeping the front of the boat straight into the current sailing rudder was a huge factor in this because of the amount of counter steering I had to do but it was not unpleasant and id do it again with no hesitation

2016 Hobie Mirage Outback Olive
                  LOWRANCE Hook7

Comment

I would almost guarantee if you go to our local Hobie dealers with the Austin Deal, they would match or better it...and should you run into a warrantee problem, they will make it right...something you would have difficulty with INTERNET sales...
                    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

+1 on Ron- Hard to run to Texas for warranty work......

Yak67
                      2017 Hobie PA-12 Camo
                      2016 Hobie Outback LE#217

Comment

I love ACK and would not hesitate to do business with them at all, but you might consider calling Delaware Paddle Sports and see what they can do for you. Keep in mind they are tax free, that's why I bought mine there.
                        2015 Hobie Outback
                        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Easton Cycle and Sports, Backyard Boats (two locations) all local Maryland/Northern Virgina locations..and they can rig your kayak professionally if you feel it is too hard...
                          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

I talked to Delaware Paddle about the Camo Hobie Outback and they are out the door for $2,650. No tax no shipping fee. AND if I order by COB on Sunday I get a $150 in store credit!!!! That is about a $350 savings. Everybody else wants tax and fees.
                            2017 Hobie PA14

Comment

Cant go wrong with DPS, customer service and support is awesome. They are representing Hobie at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg.
                              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
                              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Just did a quick search for the sailing rudder and didn't see it. Can anyone provide a part# ? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X